WDW Cinderella Castle?

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by irocer, Oct 14, 2007.

1. irocer

irocer New Member

Can anyone point me towards a model (free or not) of Disney World's Cinderella castle. I know there is one on the Disney Experience site, but it is the birthday cake version. I am looking for the regular or normal version. Thanks in advance.
  2. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

3. romfolmar

romfolmar New Member

PM me and I think I can give you the link that works.
  4. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Please post the link for all to enjoy. Thanks.
  5. romfolmar

romfolmar New Member

Disney isn't hosting it now, but this was downloaded and stored when they were.
    *~Link removed~*
  6. irocer

irocer New Member

Thanks for the link romfolmar, but that was the Slepping Beauty castle at Disneyland not the Cinderella one in Orlando. I still cannot find that one- in a regular scheme.
  7. 57townsman

57townsman Member

The only model of Cinderella Castle from WDW that I know of is the book by Alan Rose. There are currently two copies on eBay, but I wouldn't look at those unless you're sitting down :eek:

Do check auction sites from time to time though, I found my copies on eBay for under $25USD. I got one cut out and one uncut :mrgreen:

You might check used book stores also.

Here is the pertinent info:

Title: Build Your Own Walt Disneys Cinderella Castle
    Author: Alan Rose
    ISBN: 0399-50654-3
    ISBN 13: 978-0399-50654-3
    Publisher: Perigee
    Publish Date: November, 1982
    Binding: Paperback
    List Price: USD 9.95

Good hunting!

8. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

there is this one at the disney site???

The Disney Experience

not sure if this is the right or wrong one might be the same as above :confused:
  9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That is the one that romfolmar had mentioned a couple posts back.
    It used to be free but when some pirates started selling his free models, he decided to fight back by not giving them out freely anymore.
    He still gives away a couple on a rotational basis but the really nice onesare all commercial models now.

10. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

WRONG! My models are all free! Though, I haven't released them all yet. You can get the unreleased ones on CD if you can't wait. The CDs help pay for excess bandwidth. A couple of the CDs come with something that isn't available for download (like Davey Jones' key). Other than that, they're all FREE!:mrgreen:

I've built the WDW Cinderella Castle that was sold at the park. It's nice!
  11. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

I just remembered that there is someone who is designing a Cinderella Castle paper model. I haven't heard from her in a while, so I don't know what's going on. The last I heard, she was planning on creating a Web site to share her models. Keep your fingers crossed!

13. irocer

irocer New Member

Thanks for the infoTrader Sam. The one that you mentioned on the site is the one or version I want to do. Post if you get more info on the lady's progress and if she puts the model on a site.

P.S. The Disney Experience site is fanastic!! I am attempting a few of the kits now.
  14. castle

maybe a bit of the topic , but i'm 50% through building the Sleeping Beauty castle .. ive had it ages and it is available to buy on CD and also as a free download from the disney experience site ..will post a pick when its done to save wasting your times looking at build threads i never finish.....
  15. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Is this the one. This is from the disney experience site and has got to be one of the best card models around. I've been building this with my 9yo niece for about 6 months now, she has done about 90/95% of the work on the castle. She has only got a few more things to finish it off now. It's not a hard build and she just took her time.

I would suggest using a very good quality card for it though.

Attached Files:

16. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

WOW! Your niece really did a great job! Give her a "High Five" from me!:mrgreen:

Very nice work!:thumb:

17. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Sorry guys. My niece has just told me she is nearly 10yr old, not 9yr old. She isn't actually 10 until Feb, but I suppose you all know how kids are.

She was a little annoyed that I put a photo up of the model unfinished, so I better spend some time with her this week finishing it. She is a bit camera shy, but I will try and get a photo of her with it completed.
  18. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Tell your niece she is doing a fine job and we like seeing progress photo's of models around here just as much as the finished models ;)
  19. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Agreed. The progress pic makes me look forward to the finished project and to me a project isn't complete without a pic of the builder! :mrgreen: This one looks good. :thumb:
  20. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I like doing build threads and putting progress photos up as much as you guys, but it was her build (even if she is only 9!), so I should have asked her.