Watercolor Brush Markers

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by B-Manic, Apr 7, 2007.

1. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

I just got some of these 'Staedtler Mars Graphic 3000 Duo Watercolor Brush Markers'.

They are great for edge colouring. The brush tip is extremely fine makinig it ideal for getting into tight spots. They can be purchased in sets or individually. http://www.dickblick.com/zz221/31/

Attached Files:

2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

how is the bleed through?

i have been looking for something like that

3. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

4. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

It is not too bad, if you keep them moving there is none at all. I have not found any that not bleed through somewhat. These bleed minimally, just a thin line, depending on the colour it is not even noticable.
  5. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I've got a whole stack of those same markers on my worktable. They are nice, but the paper can wick the ink if you leave them in one spot. Not nearly as bad as a Sharpie, though.

With my bad eyes, I love the big brush side. It's meant to be used as a brush, so the side delivers ink as well. Makes it easier for me to get the marker on the edge of the paper, and it's plenty large enough to allow my hands to shake a little (yeah, I'm a beat up mess)
  6. blueeyedbear

blueeyedbear Member

I have not seen the Staedtler markers locally although I have used their quality products in the past.

My local Hobby Lobby crafts store carries a great line of Prismacolor Premium markers that I use. I was looking for some specific color or other, and lo and behold, they make one in "Dark Olive Green" which closely matches "Olive Drab" model paints. I've found several other useful colors, so you might want to give them a try. They come with both fine and broad points

I haven't tried to determine if they are water based or not, but they smell much better than most felt tip markers!!:roll: