Water Tower Diorama

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by TomPM, Feb 24, 2004.

1. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Thanks everyone!

At last I finally added another detail part to the diorama. This one is a fuel tank from Scale Structures. The tank is for the fuel to operate the pump for the water tower. Of course the LPP’s shouldn’t run since there is no vent for the fumes. Still waiting for that item to arrive.

2. TomPM

And one last picture for now:

3. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

looks great, can't wait to see more pictures :thumb:
  4. TomPM

Water Tower

I have now added the smoke stack to the shack. Now the LPP’s can run the pump motor with asphyxiating themselves. I know it is leaning but remember this water tower is off the beaten track and gets little maintenance attention.

5. TomPM

It has been awhile since I did anything to the diorama. Over the last week I have stringing utility lines. The empty utility poles just didn’t look right to me.

I took some black thread and put a little dab of Tacky glue on the pole and attached the thread. I had to take my time and allow each spot time to dry before I could move on. I also added a communication (telephone) line at the bottom.

Attached Files:

6. TomPM

From the other direction.

Attached Files:

7. TomPM

I also ran a wire going to the call box.

Attached Files:

8. 77railer

77railer Member

Man I hope I can do work like that one day...awsome stuff!!!.

9. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

The utility lines look just like the real thing Tom. Sure adds to the scene. Great work.
  10. TomPM

Thanks folks!
  11. joe ramirez

joe ramirez Member

Very good work, as I see tons of pics, what set this one apart was the extra ties on the side, never would have thought of that. That seems to be the experienced modeler coming out in you.
    Keep the great work.
    Joe in Houston
  12. E Mo Ry

E Mo Ry New Member

I have that same Fuel Tank on my E. Mo. Ry...

It services the yard crew working out of the shack at the St. Louis yard...you can see it behind the two fellows chatting in this picture...

Attached Files: