Water Tower Diorama

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks everyone!

At last I finally added another detail part to the diorama. This one is a fuel tank from Scale Structures. The tank is for the fuel to operate the pump for the water tower. Of course the LPP’s shouldn’t run since there is no vent for the fumes. Still waiting for that item to arrive.

awi.jpg

awj.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks!

Water Tower

I have now added the smoke stack to the shack. Now the LPP’s can run the pump motor with asphyxiating themselves. I know it is leaning but remember this water tower is off the beaten track and gets little maintenance attention.

axb.jpg

axc.jpg

axd.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
It has been awhile since I did anything to the diorama. Over the last week I have stringing utility lines. The empty utility poles just didn’t look right to me.

I took some black thread and put a little dab of Tacky glue on the pole and attached the thread. I had to take my time and allow each spot time to dry before I could move on. I also added a communication (telephone) line at the bottom.

Attachments

• waters1g.jpg
    waters1g.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 97

joe ramirez

Nov 26, 2004
Very good work, as I see tons of pics, what set this one apart was the extra ties on the side, never would have thought of that. That seems to be the experienced modeler coming out in you.
Keep the great work.
Joe in Houston

E Mo Ry

Mar 14, 2004
Near Chicago
home.mindspring.com
I have that same Fuel Tank on my E. Mo. Ry...

It services the yard crew working out of the shack at the St. Louis yard...you can see it behind the two fellows chatting in this picture...

Attachments

• St L yard (2).JPG
    St L yard (2).JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 58