Water Tower Diorama

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Again thank you all for the kind words and encouragement.:eek:ops:

I just finished the access road and placing some ground foam. Next comes the trees. I just dug out two Woodland Scenics tree making kits. Each kit has 24 trees so I need to get busy.:D

I should have some more progress photos later this week.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Here we go with some more progress photos. I have finished the access road leading up to the pump shack. I have also added some ground foam/bushes. I even started planting some tress. Between adding the green ground cover and now the bushes the diorama has suddenly come to life to me.

Now things will slow down a bit as I have to start making trees.

akh.jpg

aki.jpg

akj.jpg

akk.jpg

akl.jpg

akm.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Time for another update on the water tower diorama. I think I have finished planting trees. I also added some more clump foliage in various locations. Around the tracks near the water tower I added some “earth” to simulate some mud coming up through the ballast and some spilled coal. I also weathered the telephone poles.

Now I need to add some details once I purchase, or find, or make some.

And here are some pictures:

alh.jpg

ali.jpg

alj.jpg

alk.jpg

An overall shot of the diorama.
all.jpg

The spills around the tower area.

alm.jpg

ren451

Very Inspirational

Absolutely fantastic!! You are a great inspiration to those of us who are just getting started in this hobby. Thank you, Thank you!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Ren451

Thanks for the kind words. :eek:ops:This has been a fun little project. I look back at the first photos and think wow this did come out the way I envisioned it or at least close to it.

I just added some vines to the water tower and a milepost marker. Pictures forthcoming.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Here is the photos of the vines and the milepost.

amt.jpg

amu.jpg

After my next trip to the LHS I am sure I will have more details to add.

spitfire

How did I miss this thread for so long?????

Tom, that is some incredible modelling you've done!!! I really enjoyed following the work, especially since I got to see it all at once!! That is one sweet diorama you have going on. The stuctures, the rocks, the ground cover, the trees, the track - everything looks so real!!!!

:thumb: Val

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Thanks folks.:eek:ops:

In all honesty I am very pleased and somewhat surprised at how it came out.

jawatkins

I seldom get over to the HO side of life on this forum. What you have done is fantastic. I too got to see this come together at one time and your work is awesome. You can bet I'll visit over here more often.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Thanks Chris and Judy.

It is still a work in progress. I am trying to locate different detail items and and add them to help bring more to life. As I find and add them I will post updates.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
It has been a while since I worked on the Water Tower Diorama. One thing that bothered me about how the diorama looked was the way the trees just looked like they were stuck in foam. After discussing this with a few folks I came to the conclusion that it needed something. Using Woodland Scenics Foliage in Light Green, Medium Green, and Dark Green, and WS Fine Leaf Foliage in Dead Foliage, Medium Green, and Olive Green I went to work. Here are the results.

asp.jpg

asq.jpg

asr.jpg

ass.jpg

ast.jpg

asu.jpg