water in engine help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by ty007cars, May 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

hi i just drove my tmaxx today and i accedently went on a jump and landed in the water upside down. i put after run oil in it and cleaned it out. what will happen to my engine? Is it totled now?? how do i fix it? please help!!!!
    Ty
  2. Steve M

Steve M Member

The best thing you can ever do for your motor is use WD-40 inside and out. This product displaces water and the WD in the product name stands for "Water Displacement" which means it takes water.

Water alone won't harm your motor, it is the rust that it causes that will. Removing the water is key and once flushed out the WD-40 leaves lubrication behind. I still recommend a good quality after run oil as well.
  3. pimp

pimp Active Member

yup wd 40 will work only and best
  4. jackal575

jackal575 Member

i used this wierd singha general purpose oil to lube up my motor because it was really hard to pullstart. it worked but was it bad for the motor?

btw, i found the piston head and compression chamber thing burnt. is this because i was running my motor too lean?

thnx
  5. Steve M

Steve M Member

All you need is a light oil to lube your motors after running and you only need a few drops.

If the top of your piston and cylinder head are brown or black then you are running very hot. You can tell if you are running lean several ways. First, if you give full throttle and the motor starts to run great but then slows (bogs down) you are most likely lean. Second, check your glow plug. If the coiled element is pulling out of the plug you may be lean. If the coil is being pushed deeper into the plug then you are rich.
  6. pimp

pimp Active Member

if u put alot of oil in your motor u will not be able 2 start it it will be impossible
  7. You shouldn't have gotten water in it unless it went through the carb, did it
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ya it must have gone threw the carb or unless some how it got up the exhaust pipe and when in that way.

PIMP its called hydro lock or flooding-happenes with fuel also. Your best bet is to use a nice after run oil after each run. If you buy a new engine put some after run oil int he carb and threw the top of the cylinder head b4 you start it, this will make shure your new engine has lub in it.Also when you get a new engnien NEVER pull on the pullstart you have to wait tell there is some kind of oil in it. More then likely the only oil that is in the engine is from the machines that made the components
  9. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

lukely i got my tmaxx to start! it was had to start it!! now its hard to start and the glo plugs are like dieing?
  10. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

oh on another note if u dont have wd40 use quick start, it has eather in it which displaces water also i use it at work when i have to
  11. redheat

redheat Member

Glow plug dying? Next time you run into water make sure that your electrical [rx] is not wet if so use a hair dryer too dry it. As far as the engine ,unless it was submerged in water you should be ok. Keep water out of the pipe also could go back into the tank[ pressure line goes to tank ] .If your using Trinity monster it has a rust inhibitor in the fuel .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.