Wasted detail

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
I did enjoy detailing the inside of this logging camp mess hall for my NTRak module. I put in two large skylight windows hoping most of the detail would be visible and I also have a warm white LED inside that I can wire up.

Attachments

• MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 171

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
that is so cool!....could you do a half roof or something similar?....be a shame not to see your sweet work inside.

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
It's a matter of...

...showmanship. You're an Ntraker. You do events. It has to be an eye popper when you take off the roof and say, "Get a look at this", to the nearby victim with a camera, I mean admirer.

Detail is only wasted by those in a hurry to produce less. For whatever reason- that's not a negative comment either. You produced more for a reason- so show it. It was a scene worthy of rendering more.

Run with it.

Mark:thumb:

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
This detailing work is awesome, Bill! And this in N scale- WOW! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Perhaps you could make the roof easily removable by adding some stiffening rafters and/or crossbraces. It really would be a shame to hide this fine craftsmanship permanently.

Ron

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
now that is amazing.

I agree with Ron, do not attach the roof, then while you are giving your layout tour, you relate a story to do with the mess hall or maybe one of the LPBs inside. At the appropriate time in the story, you remove the roof to show the guys talking.

Gotta show off artwork like that.

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
I think the roof has got to be the answer to this. Spifire did an awesome job on a corner diner. It was lit up to show it off, but the biggest thing is that a diner could have large windows. She milked it for all it was worth, but it looked like you could just walk in and order coffee and pie.

Lynn