Warhound Titan

Discussion in 'Gaming & Toys' started by knightstalker527, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Hey guy's I thought I would post some pics of a warhound I just finished for a friend. It is totally made from paper and textured by me. I hope you like him.

Attached Files:

2. Gearz

Gearz Member

Just back tracked this model from your site Knight.. very nice build and texture work.. :thumb:

* How did you do the textures from a pdf file? export ? copy paste to a bitmap editor .?

* Did you use joining strips on the parts/ panels..?

Looks great.. I've only ever seen one titan on table, it was paper/card, although I'm not sure if it was from the same templates, it looked a little different.

Oh yeah.. how high does it stand.?
  3. Gearz: I used the templates from the dnloads section here. I then open the pdf and export all images into jpeg files. After that I open Paint Shop Pro 10 and open each page and using copy and paste functions I simply move the parts around and then texture to the taste of who ever I am building for.

The tabs were drawn in by me in the texture phase. It stands a mere 10.75 inches. It is the same height as the FW one.

4. the_spartan_fury

the_spartan_fury Shadow Striker

I have a guery. is it completely made of paper? or is there some card involved?
    how did you do the joints? piping?
  5. The titan is completely made of paper no plastic:nope: in this one. the joints are reinforcd with elmers glue. The joints themselves are rolled paper tubes with end plates attached.

If there is anything else I can do for you guys let me know.

SEBRET Member

Quick Question. is this to scale to use on the board game? I have friends who play and i think it would be cool to make them some of these.
  7. the_spartan_fury

Thanks. good work with the texture.

I've tried to change the pages to have a raven guard scheme (lots of black, white and grey for metal) doesn't look brilliant though. could you help me in any way?
  8. Lord Manimal

Lord Manimal Member

Since I'm forced to ressurect dead threads, to anyone that still cares, yes this model is to scale, and yes, it's entirely possible to do it with nothing but paper. I suggest "cheating" on the pistons going to the feet however, and simply taking yellow masking tape and rolling around the end of a sucker stick. That's right, sucker sticks. You can get packages of like 50 for 2$ at almost any craft store. That way it's still all paper, but those things offer incredible support over just rolled paper. Maybe someday I'll get enough posts under my belt to post photos of what I mean. ;-D

Depends on how many times you roll the paper on the hydraulics...;)
  10. I cannot remember how many times I rolled them but they are stiff. I had to add patterns to the orig. set for them. I will be happy to answer all questions about it and how I did stuff. I really thought this was a dead subject. I am glad we are seeing an intrest in it again.

11. iconicus

iconicus New Member

Fake Request

"If's there's anything else I can do for you guys, just let me know"
    lol build me like a dozen of them and ship them to me.

12. the_spartan_fury

a fake request and extreme bumping (October 7, for goodness' sake!). that's two strikes. i think that might get you in a spot of trouble with the mods.

for all our sakes, please do not do that again. digging up old threads is not nice.
  13. Fonzerlator

Fonzerlator New Member

chaos scum ... ¬¬ im joking its better then paying 500 odd pounds for one from FW