Warhammer 40K

Z

Zathros

These trains are so cool. They remind of of the German and Polish ones in WWI and WWII. The only problem with these tanks is that guys on horses, towing artillery and a couple of tanks, can knock them out of commission, as well as a well placed bomb on the track itself. The photo of the destroyed German armored train, was taken out by artillery and light tanks. They worked best against civilians and unarmed cities and the like. They also worked really well in dispersing flak, especially the ones built on purpose built tracks defending certain essential factories. An 88 mm Flak train would ruin anyone's day.

Your model is fantastic. I really think they are cool looking. Do the wheels turn? :)

armot

tumblr_m4vw5sr9r71qk6uvyo1_500.jpg

unfortunately the wheels on this one do not turn, it is a static model, but while building it, I saw how i could easily change it to rolling wheels, and plan on it if I build a textured one.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This is turning out to be an ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL piece of machinery.

Patron_zero

This is very cool, I've often wonder why in 40K there haven't been more non-conventional applications of dreadnoughts such as a quad-walker chassis or similar to the rail-variant, a Predator equipped with a 'torso' in lieu of a standard turret.

z_a791ff85.jpg

Z

Zathros

Great work Dented Rick. That is way cool. I think i ike these models best out of all the 40K models! :)

Warhammer 40K - GunWagen

Here's the Gunwagon (Part 2 of the Armored train build) Part three is going to be a custom build......but for now, enjoy :)

Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 29.jpgWarhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 30.jpgWarhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 31.jpgWarhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 32.jpgWarhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 34.jpgWarhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 35.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I am certain that this has been asked before (and if so, yes I know, I am thick at times), What scale is the train model and could it be used on a regular model train layout (like HO, N, or any other gauge)?

I am certain that this has been asked before (and if so, yes I know, I am thick at times), What scale is the train model and could it be used on a regular model train layout (like HO, N, or any other gauge)?

I don't know what the original scale of the pdf is, but I print 4 pages per sheet on 8.5" X 11" cardstock. Nearest scale i can figure out is between 1/64th and 1/80th But I could be way off, not too sure.

As far as a train set, it looks really close to ho scale. Id have to get a section and see if it fits

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
If it can be used on a regular train layout, it would make for a very interesting set-up. You would have to change the cuopling system to make it work though.
(I just hope that all of the train guys that are here do not get too bend out of shape for me saying that. sign1)

If it can be used on a regular train layout, it would make for a very interesting set-up. You would have to change the cuopling system to make it work though.
(I just hope that all of the train guys that are here do not get too bend out of shape for me saying that. sign1)

Wouldn't want to "de-rail" their hobby ;)

Warhammer 40K - GunWagen

Gunwagon finished, and it's starting to actually look like a train. Im going to reprint and kitbash the gunwagon to build a flatcar for hauling.....give them something to protect (so to speak) but for now im gonna take a break, a buddy wants a Thunderhawk, and i just looked at the parts, it's gonna take awhile, lol.....anyway, enjoy the Armor train for now, see ya in a few :)

Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 24.jpgWarhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 45.jpgWarhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 46.jpgWarhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 47.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
As always, you have done an OUSTANDING job on this train. Everything looks so clean and straight.

I always enjoy viewing your build threads.

Are you going to post the build of the Thunderhawk as well?

As always, you have done an OUSTANDING job on this train. Everything looks so clean and straight.

I always enjoy viewing your build threads.

Are you going to post the build of the Thunderhawk as well?

Of course. I might even do another dual build.....regular and 25%. still thinking

But yeah,. im going to post the Thunderhawk build pics :)