Apr 14, 2011
Hungary
Thanks for your awesome work, and the
download link !!
:thumb:

like your suprise too, Devastor rules, train97
would also be nice to find an alternate texture of BloodAngels
like that picture below

Actually the model is from DoW2 so the UVs are the same, unfortunately as far as i could tell DoW 2 uses grey textures and colour shaders, so takes some work to make new textures.

daishi

Apr 14, 2011
Hungary
Hi there all didn't want to start a new topic, so I guess ill just hijack my own previous one :)

So the Smurf (Ultramarine) Plasma Devastator is almost finished, and since I've took some pics for a friend, i might as well share it here

Ultramarine Veteran (Plasma Devastator) - 01

Ultramarine Veteran (Plasma Devastator) - 02
Ultramarine Veteran (Plasma Devastator) - 03
Ultramarine Veteran (Plasma Devastator) - 04

I need to make some purity seals and other minor ornaments to finish it.
The whole weapon system is detachable btw. and Ive made a template for a Combi-Plasma similar u can see here and intend to make it interchangeable with the heavy plasma gun if some1 want a more "conventional" space marine. (devastator chevron is in the texture thou, for ppl who want tactical marines)

Speaking of editing textures, ill upload my texture work-files too, when I judge the model ready.
The work-files have the markings on separate layers, and the coloring is done trough a color filter layer, so ppl shouldn't have too much problem making space marines from different chapters.

Sanginus

Mar 8, 2011
Germany near Hamburg
Wow, the Marine turned out really great. How tall is the figure?

Thank you for the great pictures, I look forward to the finished model.

Hope it's later, also an experimental texture in red thereby :)

Sanginus

Mar 8, 2011
Germany near Hamburg
It's huge, great work, thank you!

for me it is the first great model in 2012!!

I find great that we can edit the textures also
I'm curious how many different models here
:) emerge

wish you a happy new year

daishi

Apr 14, 2011
Hungary
I find great that we can edit the textures also
I'm curious how many different models here
:) emerge
Thx!

The editable textures are mostly thanks to Relic. the textures in DoW2 are basically grayscale and the game uses the shaders to color it, so when i ripped the model i got a bunch of gray textures, i had to colour anyway, i thought, why not upload it. Especially considering how many ppl there are who doesn't like the smurfs. I myself like Space Wolves best as a SM chapter, but as a colour scheme the Vet. UM colouring is on the top of my list.

Speaking of Space Wolves, My next WH40k project will be a Space Wolf Terminator (with Lightning Claws) and I've found a great reference picture too. But i simply cant find a good pic from their Crux Terminatus (the wolf skull version) if some1 finds one, plz share. (puppy eyed look)

But before that, ill make this. :)

Happy new year!