Warhammer 40K Armour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WOW!!!!!!!!!! I will take 3. The chaos is never going to know what hit them.

Great job and I am so glad we have a designer of your caliber in the gaming ring.

2. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

Outstanding design and texture. You've really got a gift...
  3. makepeace

makepeace New Member

WOW As a chaos player I think I should start to run away!!!! Think I must start an army of guard.
  4. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Don't fear to much, Choas fans will get their own vehicles. I am currently planning a few sets of chaos emblems, spikes, skulls, chains etc. that can be stuck onto the standard Space Marine stuff I am doing. Add in a new texture, and Chaos will have it's own vehicles too.

Meanwhile, the Baneblade continues. The sponsons are modelled and textured, as are the external fuel tanks and the headlights etc.

All I have to do now is build the turrets and guns.

Once this is done, a new hull model will be needed to start the Shadowsword, Stormsword and Stormblade conversions.
  5. Gearz

Gearz Member

Definitely ! They look excellent ! + The surface detail is # 1. You've got to love the Master Blasters, get a kewl chassis and you can bolt all kinds of nastiness to it. * I'm not a gamer ~ Will your variations have to be cannon..? as in established game variants, or can you introduce/design new turrets/weapon systems for them.?
  6. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Realistically, this is the ideal base for conversions.

The actual models I am building are based on actual variants in the Imperial Armour sourcebook, or ones that I have drooled over in the Forgeworld catalogues. There is no reason, however, that variations cannot be made.

I am building the thigns with a degree of variation possible anyway. The LeMan Russ has seperate track pods, with optional sponsons. The hull glues flat to the track pods. Any design of hull could be stuck there. When I did hte Tank Hunter, I left a flat surface where the gun attaches. You could stick ANYTHING there as long as it fitted!

The basic Baneblade hull will need some modding to make the other variants, but with 2 basic hull designs and fixed sponsons, the rest is open to change.

The turrets can be changed, the guns can be changed ... and if you screw up making a conversion, it's no big deal! Just print off another one :thumb:
  7. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Very nice, very nice indeed. Though I'm not familiar with WarHammer, I like good work when I see it.:thumb:
  8. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Small update for this weekend ... well...actually...quite a BIG update!

The next phase of the build is done, and there is only really the main turret and sponson guns still to do, and that won;t take long! The turret mesh is done and just needs detailing, and the guns just need a texture and a test build to make sure the sponson guns fit and my plan to make them rotate works properly. If it doesn't, then the sponson huns will be fixed.

Anyway.... this is a shot showing the side sponson, the fule tanks, and the starboard laz-cannon turret:

And, finally, an overview shot of the build to date. Also done since the last pictures are the headlights, the smoke projectors, forward turret ( minus guns) and an almost complete hull mounted demolisher cannon. Would have finished it...but I got a bit careless with the sharp knife....:oops:

9. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

I'm truly amazed, hey, is it just me, or does it look like plastic :)

Anyways, did you paint it after? Or did you color neighboring tabs in pepakura...or are you just a good modeler that you can hide the white lines?
  10. Flare: with every picture you continue to impress me as one of the best designers we have. I cannot wait untill I can build a few of my own.

Any chance you need a beta builder??? :mrgreen:

11. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Soaring ... the tabs are coloured with a pen before assembly to hide the edges. That is the easiest way to do it....or at least...I find it easiest! The thing is not painted.

Knightstalker ... this should be ready for release in a week or so. Its been quite a long job to develop, but it is quite a complex model! I have been 'beta building' it as I go along. It'll be available soon!!!!
  12. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Holy CRAP!!! That's phenomenal. Gorgeous model and gorgeous build. Each new picture impresses me more than the last. Keep 'em coming.

I want to build one of these too.
  13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

That looks like one hard core tank Flare.:thumb:
  14. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

I'm not completely sure what to say...I think there was a 4.2 Richter quake from my jaw hitting the floor.

Well done.
  15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I'm thinking we just may have a contender for Image of the week.
  16. I vote yes for pic of the week!!!
  17. Gearz

Gearz Member

Kewl.. I thought you might be locked into establishes game rules/vehicle parameters.. Your going to have a field day on the optional stuff..

Excellent design work and beautiful build !
  18. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

OK patient Imperial Guard commanders.... the final model parts have been unfolded and printed for the Baneblade.

Build is underway, and I will post pictures as soon as it is done!
  19. widget

widget Member

It's a gorgeous design and build so far !
    Any chance of posting just the track link design(in a separate file from the complete model) in the parts bin to use for upgrades/bashes of other models?

It's the most workable design for links that I've seen.
  20. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

At long last, the beast is finished!

Couple of minor tweaks needed to the PDO file to put in place some changes I made on the fly to the parts, and she will be on her way over to the mods to get her uploaded.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.