Warhammer 40K Armour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

very, very nice
  2. tiger1ks

tiger1ks New Member

Much Cool

Looks Great, can't wait for you to work on Chaos!!!
  3. Gearz

Gearz Member

kewl.. there.. goooood looookin tracks! :eek:

very nice build so far!
  4. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

I am speechless...
  5. makepeace

makepeace New Member

Way cooool, it looks awsome. I love the Leeman russ and look foward to the Baneblade
  6. Kjev

Kjev Member

Beautiful, Flare, justtruly beautiful.
  7. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

2nd track pod is nearly done, which means I can start work on the hull :thumb:

Still have to make the second track..butthat will be done soon enough.

Glad you guys like it so far. There were plenty of people asking for this one...so I need to do it justice.
  8. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Well... it has taken a bit longer than expected, but the hull is finally taking shape! [​IMG]

I needed to test build the rough model to make sure it was an accurate fit to the track pods before I actually went ahead and made the details and added the textures. Just as well I did, because this was not the first hull I built....I would have hated myself if I had done all the fiddly bits only to find it didn't actually fit!!!!
  9. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

OK...hull is modelled, textured and the unfolding has begun. Screenshots to follow shortly.
  10. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Now it's time to break out the scissors and glue!
  11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I would roll on the ground laughing for real if you could build a card Warhammer tank, place it next to a plastic one and not be able to tell the difference.

Especially if it was painted up too.
  12. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

For added realism, I would need to stick a £60 price tag it too ;)

So far, the build is going pretty well. Test building the hull in plain paper was a good move, and this thing is going to gether quite well. I have put as much detail as I could on the areas that need it, such as the engine deck and hatches too give a nice feel.

Next job is to build the sponsons, and then the guns and turrets.

The main turret will sit into a recess in the hull, but the smaller turrets need a different approach. There will be a recess in the turret to fit OVER a lump attached to the hull. The side wall of the track pod means the side turrets can't bo done in the 'normal' way for a tank model.

Just for a laugh, I stood the WIP Baneblade against the original paper model I made.....I think I have got a bit better at this game!
  13. Kjev

Kjev Member

Everything so far looks awesome. Can't wait to build it.

14. JackFrost

JackFrost Member

i would laugh too :mrgreen:, was looking as their website 100$ for the baneblade + shipping 78 on ebay if your lucky to get a buy now .
    yours looks Fantastic already! :thumb:
  15. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Initial build of the hull is just about done, then all I have to do is add the detail!

I have had to make a few running mods to the buld to sort out some tricky bits, but I am ready to attach the track pods, and it is starting to look like a tank now!
  16. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

OK...taking slightly longer than planned, due to a variety of external issues, but the hull is looking nice! I have started mesh owrk on the sponsons and turrets, which won;t take long at all to do! I will post some pics asap now that the track pods are attached to the hull. Detailing the hull is nearly done, and with just a small amount of bracing required, the whole hull has a very solid and secure feel to it. Getting very close to completion on this!

Of course....once I have done this, I will have to make some variations.....
  17. Hey Flare where are the pics????????

This thing is going to be the best gameing model I have seen it kinda puts my warhound to shame.

18. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Forgeot last night was parents evening, and had to spend a few hours chatting to teachers about the boys efforts. By the time I got in ...well...you know how it goes! On the plus side, I did finsih the hull build off, and will post the pics tonight.

Quite pleased with a few of the details ... like the handle on the forward hatch, and the engine bay top surface detail. It all went nicely. As did the exhausts.

With the bulk of it all together, I am REALLY glad I went to the extra trouble of making the track links like I did. It was a lot of work...but it gives such a nice feel to it.

The next few planned models will be a lot quicker and simpler to do!
  19. Gearz

Gearz Member

What do we want ..?
    When do we want it ..??

:whip1: Pictures !!!

External issues ? Don't they all realize there's thousand's of troops poised on the verge of battle..????!!!

"For the want of one tank............." .sign1
  20. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

OK....OK....I give in.... here are some pictures!

The rear engine bay area:

Next, the exhausts and rear end!

And finally, the longer shot showing the whole beast built so far!

Now to build the sponsons ans turrets!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.