Warhammer 40K Armour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_spartan_fury

the_spartan_fury Shadow Striker

japanfilipino, I can do you the Devilfish and Orca from Dawn of War, in any colour scheme you like, but I don't know how you intend on doing the tiger shark, let alone the manta! Those are the really big Forge World ones, aren't they?

PM me the scheme you want for the Devilfish and Orca, and I'll see what I can do.
  2. glabbott

glabbott Member

Tau Vehicles

I have built the Piranha and the Devilfish, would love to see any other turret or variants or the Devil fish like the Hammerhead with the Rail or ION canon or even the skyray :D but then of course I am a Tau player love them to death :)

Thanks for everything guys way awesome :)
  3. Dangersaurus

Dangersaurus New Member

I'd love to build the Tiger Shark, Barracuda (do they have these in DOW?) or Hammerhead. The Orca in tabletop scale is actually close to the size of a Thunderhawk.
  4. japanfilipino

japanfilipino New Member

I would love to do a Orca, I know the tau vehicles are mostly organic in shape and are hard to work with when trying to get that exact look without making it look to "boxy". I've seen one done by a friend using the devilfish plans and adding greenstuff to the model... it was AWESOME. looked just like the real devifish.. but heavier :mrgreen:. I am trying to figure out a way to get that same organic look using maybe wood glue and paper mache... who knows. But deff an orca. :thumb:
  5. the_spartan_fury

I know there is an aircraft of some description for the Tau in Soulstorm, I think it's a Barracuda, which I can get for you. I'll get the Orca if you tell me the colour scheme(s).
    What I'll get:
    All Devilfish variants
    Flyer (Barracuda?)
    Just tell me the colour scheme!
  6. japanfilipino

japanfilipino New Member

maybe doing the standard sand world color. ^_^
  7. japanfilipino

japanfilipino New Member

the barracuda would be cool, it's about the size of the marauder.
  8. the_spartan_fury

Japanfilipino, i'll get that sorted. I think I already have it somewhere...
    Today I have ripped the Devilfish, Skyray and Barracuda. All in T'au colours.
  9. papadenati

papadenati New Member

I think thas would be great if you put them in the download section :twisted:.
    (well...I don't no if you understand my english :???: )
    for now,I have to finish some "patoroch" Landraider and a Reaver Titan wall1.
    Worlworksgames terrain is on the way too :thumb:.
    My new bathroom can wait a little (don't tell my wife I said that ....please..) ;-)
  10. the_spartan_fury

papadenati, your english is fine.
    when they're done, i'll see about getting them in the downloads section.
  11. papadenati

papadenati New Member

Thank's a lot :thumb:
    it's been a very long time I haven't use my English.:yep:
  12. japanfilipino

japanfilipino New Member

up to date...

hey spartan keep us up to date of when you've got it done, we appreciate the help and awesome work. :thumb:

14. the_spartan_fury

Right, the Hammerhead (Rail cannon only for now), Skyray, Devilfish and Orca are all in Pepakura, but not unfolded, as I don't know any of the dimensions. If anyone can give me them as precise as possible, it would be great. That or I can just upload them not unfolded for you to do as you please.
  15. japanfilipino

japanfilipino New Member

well the dimensions I am not sure of... from the looks of it, the orca is about as long as a thunderhawk, the bay is about 6" wide, 8" to outer armor, and 20" long... but I did come across this...

someone built one from balsa wood.. I LIKE IT.... lol:excited1:
  16. the_spartan_fury

after some research i've learned the orca's about 40x19cm, which is about 16"x8", so you weren't far out! the devilfish is (apparently) 7-7.5"x5"... can anyone confirm this for me?

that orca is impressive, I'll agree.
  17. Teg35

Teg35 New Member

19. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Armorman,thank Patoroch for the Baneblade, I just knew that he would get around to it eventually, and probably the Shadowsword is not too far behind. I like this version of the Baneblade over the earlier ones and I have accumulated reference material for this one. The question is, When do I start on it. So many choices and so little time.....
  20. Tirick

Tirick Member

Me, I'm holding out for the Stormlord...

Thanks for keeping us up with Patoroch's releases Armorman!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.