Warhammer 40K Armour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spartanx206

spartanx206 New Member

and did you make the files yourself or rip them

I just pass on the links. They are not made in Pepakura.
  3. Fl0ydski

Fl0ydski Member

Super clean build! Love it! One of the few colored versions I've seen of this. It's exemplary!

Question to anyone whom has built some of the Pataroch models. Are you noticing that the models are actually larger than their resin/plastic/metal counterparts?

The reason I ask is because both the Original MK1_PRedator/Rhino body is a bit larger than my original(2nd Edition anyway) plastic kits. Was this to put them into scale with the newer MKII Rhino bodied variants?
    A friend of mine also mentioned that the Leman Russ was larger as well. I've not printed and compared yet.

As I've only built the Medusa (and have NO intention of shelling out $80 + for the FW kit), I could not tell you.
  5. Patron_zero

Patron_zero Member

I also have one of those circular protractors with the center-set circle gauges, it's a much more useful and necessary-needed tool than most might suspect at first glance.

Thanks for the peek at your worktable !
  6. fdisk42

fdisk42 New Member

That's a mighty sexy T-bolt you've got there, lordsith1. Might just have to build me one o' those now.

8. Dangersaurus

Dangersaurus New Member

Very cool Thunderbolt build. How do you keep the fuselage square? I've tried both this model (the earlier version that Patoroch based his off of) and a Helltalon, and just couldn't get the fuselage on either to stay straight.
  9. Grindar

Grindar Member

Just thought I'd offer a bit of advice on flarebaffled's baneblade, as I'm giving it another go. 3/16" foamcore is perfect for going in the middle of all those wheels.
  10. Attached Files:

11. finkoo1980

finkoo1980 New Member

12. lordsith1

lordsith1 New Member

Just finished my Marauder.

Attached Files:

13. lordsith1

lordsith1 New Member

The Marauder was fairly straight forward. There were a few pieces that needed tabs added and a few pieces that needed reprinted because there weren't enough of them - nothing too difficult. The only major problems were part 12 (cockpit canopy) has a big gap that I needed to make a spacer for. Part 23 (a section of the fuselage) has the colors backwards; the belly color is on the top. So I just recolored it and made the entire part red for a bit of color. Part 59 (air scoop) is the biggest problem. It is too big. So I cut off the lighter section, bent the darker section over the supports, reglued the lighter section back on for a tight fit. I also needed to add a colored strip to 61 to make it match the new smaller 59. Not hard changes, but needed ones.

Attached Files:

14. Kjev

Kjev Member

Nice clean build!

Just out of curiosity, why doesn't the Marauder have waist gunners?

Just a little reminder about 40k and logic....:mrgreen:

Attached Files:

16. Tirick

Tirick Member

Nice Maurader! Very clean build with crisp edging.
  17. cerbere

cerbere New Member

Great work, I'm waiting for marauder destroyer.
  18. Fl0ydski

Fl0ydski Member

Looking through the Pataroch collection, he's not done a Baneblade has he?

19. salchr

salchr New Member

thank you for all this stuff !!!!
  20. mrln68

mrln68 New Member

I haven't taken a ruler to ones built without scaling, but based off from the numbers stated in the files - they are built to 1:48 scale (actually like 1:48.87) based on the Forge World dimensions in their books. This makes them slightly larger than the GW models (which are all over the place...but usually smaller). Before I print them, I print a test sheet...measure and scale to 1:56 scale (my preferred scale for 28 mm models). They end up being pretty close to the plastic models that way...though some are a bit smaller while others are a bit larger (most are slightly larger still than the plastics).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.