Warhammer 40K Armour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

something to whet your whistle...

note that the cargo bay is glued inside to outside. This area needs to be thicker to match the FW model (I made the same mistake when I was making one for myself and ultimately scrapped it).

BTW, No, I don't have this file. These were culled from a Russian forum.

Attached Files:

2. roobarb

roobarb New Member

3. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Looks like a scratch build, Very well detailed. I have a file on reference material on this but I am waiting for someone to make it. It will be huge to be able handle the Marine armor. I like the one that has flying crane look to it. It carries the cargo and armor under neath either in containers or armor by clamps.
  4. roobarb

roobarb New Member

I'm speechless!
  5. Chrispysurfer

Chrispysurfer Member

Now I don't what to build first, the stuff that would go inside a Thunderhawk or the Thunderhawk. Patoroch makes this very hard. If anyone speaks Russian tell him Danke!!!
  6. Tirick

Tirick Member

That's the Thunderhawk Transporter. It removes most of the cargo compartment in lieu of carrying a single Landraider or two Rhinos. I've no idea what the modified stats are for the transporter variant. A regular T-hawk can carry something like 30 troops. I would guess however that the drop-shipped tanks can carry their compliment of troops + some in the forward bay.

Both look awesome, those pics are stunning! I've wanted a T-Hawk for some time, and toyed with the idea of designing one myself.
  7. Vahmp

Vahmp Member

HUM... That's strange... I know for a fact I answered this/your post. Guess either a glitch, or got deleted.

Anyways... Her's my repost....

WOW!:eek: I'da never thought of that!:oops:
    Thanks ARMORMAN, for not makin me rack my brain out. sign1

So, how did ya do it?
    With small hammer on the screen, or did ya use something else?
  8. Vahmp

Vahmp Member

TRIPLE WOW!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Now that's outa my league!!!!:eek:wall1
    WAY AWSUME, Way KOOL, Way alot of detail!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I used a bone folder, but any hard edge will do. For a more pronounced pattern, use typing paper for the embossing then glue it onto cardstock.
  10. Vahmp

Vahmp Member

KOOL! Thanks for the tip buddy!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
  11. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Wow! Nice detailing. Very impressive my friend! :D
  12. cerbere

cerbere New Member

The thunderhawk would be a great model to do. Can't wait to see it.
  13. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

I really like these. :D
  14. aly

aly New Member

I have downloaded it, and i love it.
  15. matzieq

matzieq New Member

Hey, guys, has anyone of you built the mkIV rhino? It seems there aren't enough parts for the treads... or am I missing something? I'm talking about parts 19 and 20 in the 'Rhino 2009' model.
  16. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Just cut out that part of the tracks and if you have a scanner printer, make a copy of the extra tracks that you are missing. As for building it, not yet but it is in my line-up. If you built it or are building it, Post some pictures of your progress so someone else can benefit from any discrepancies. See you around in the forums.:wave::wave::wave:
  17. matzieq

matzieq New Member

Yes, I figured that out :) I just wanted to know if it's something I've done wrong or simply too few parts in the kit. I can show my progress, but this is my second paper model ever so I doubt someone will benefit from that...

Is it the raised detail on the tracks? I ran into the same problems with the Medusa. I figured it was because there was only enough to cover the seen parts of the tread and not the bottom.
  19. matzieq

matzieq New Member

Yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about. However in case of this Rhino it doesn't make sense because there's twenty visible parts of the tracks and 28 parts :confused:oh well, I guess I'll just make a photocopy and stick to the oldschool rhinos in the future (they seem to be ok). Anyway, thanks for the info!
  20. matzieq

matzieq New Member

Ok, so here is the first papercraft model I ever built. It's a mkII Predator. I started playing 40k a year ago or so, so I'm relatively new to the game (not to the hobby however, because I've been playing warmachine for about 5 years now), but I always enjoyed the look of the 'oldschool' space marine tanks.

I found it relatively easy to put together, of course I made a lot of dumb mistakes, for example I forgot to add two supporting parts on each side of the tank, so the wheels are held in place God knows how, but I somehow managed to attach them :)

...but as you can see here the tracks are not straight thanks to this operation :)

The worst part of the model were for me the smokestacks - it took me a while to figure out how are they supposed to be put together and I ruined one of them during the process. And one more thing, if I write something that makes no sense, don't be alarmed - it's because English is not my first language.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.