Warhammer 40K Armour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirick

Tirick Member

Stunning, simply stunning.

Always a pleasure to see one of your build ups silver.

A tip on ball joints (An realistic wheels) in paper:

Laminate cardstock to the thickness you want the final object to be, cut a small hole in the center; then mount on a dremel drill cut off wheel hub and load it into the chuck. Turn on the dremel (or drill, or whatever) and use a piece of sandpaper to shape it.
  3. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comment Tirick:

Armorman, For a ball that small socket, I think that you can build up the laminate to the size/thickness needed and drill a hole in the center the size of a round toothpick. Glue the toothpick into the piece, now you have a shaft extending from the piece. The shaft of the toothpick can now be inserted into the mandrell of the dremel and sanded round with a piece of fine sandpaper. In the build thread I will probably try this out and see how it turns out.
  4. Chrispysurfer

Chrispysurfer Member

I hate to post and sound like a noob, but could someone explain the process of laminating to me? I am currently working on a dreadnaught which is uncolored. I am using fine markers to color the paper and just wondered how that works with the laminating as well. I know some people paint these. Just curious...
    Thanks a lot!!
  5. jarell

jarell New Member

WOW!! the sentinel looks great!!
  6. Arsen NonLupin

Arsen NonLupin New Member

Patoroch is a real monster :)
    Are there any sentinels with armored cabin? or they were used in DOW game only?
  7. silveroxide

jarell: The finished version is on my thread "Warhammer armor and Things"

Arsen Nonlupin: Yes there is an armored version in the Patoroch download. It will be covered in my build thread:wave::wave::wave:

Armored cabins are common in 40k Sentinels....

Now my Medusa WIP:

Attached Files:

9. Tirick

Tirick Member

That is pure brilliance. Every rivet modeled and tiny paper buckles!
  10. silveroxide

This is the white paper build, I assume that you will paint this one or leave as is. I plan to leave one of my sentinels in white and the other in color so that people can compare. Great job on the rivetting. I plan to do something different with my rivets later on in my mechanized builds. Excellent work and see you around in the forums.
  11. Tirick

Tirick Member

I must know; this Elli Patoroch is an amazing designer; is he on any of these forums so we can thank him properly?

I plan to paint it when finished (though it looks so nice in white). I am doing this for the IPMS Regional that my club is hosting.

Thanks for the kudos.

Note on details:

tread sections are a total of 3 pieces each plus the original tread strip that I mounted it all to. The heavy bolter has recessed surfaces and raised vents. To add thickness to the platform, I added a strip of paper and added diamond plate to the upper surface.

Elli is on a Russian forum and has only bounced into 4chan once as far as I know.
  13. the_spartan_fury

the_spartan_fury Shadow Striker

@Arsen, the armoured compartment sections are on one of the pages in the sentinel files.
  14. Czaras

Czaras New Member

Well ARMORMAN a HUGE thumbs up for you, all the imperial an' orky wagonz look rally great. I've barely finished the griffon mortar and the gunwagonz came up. Brilliant that you usualy leave the weapons and upgrades on the last page, helps a lot.

Once again, I'm just passing on links. :)
  16. Arsen NonLupin

Arsen NonLupin New Member

Hey, people, I have asked patoroch to visit this forum... for you to tell him "great thank".
  17. silveroxide

That is good news, Maybe he can do or post some of his builds here as well. Waiting for him to come aboard.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Build is finished on to color and diorama....:mrgreen:

Attached Files:

19. Kovic

Kovic New Member

As always, great work!
  20. finkoo1980

finkoo1980 New Member

it would be fine an ork trukk and battlewagon... :D :D :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.