Warhammer 40K Armour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grindar

Grindar Member

Yeah, the aformentioned units tend to have something to say about hammerheads pecking away at them.

I'm personally a Necrons and Marines player, both on tabletop and in DoW...But the sisters are fun to play in DoW also.
  2. hippohroch

hippohroch New Member

i do want to play wh40k, but i cannot afford to buy tanks at 30-40 euro each

for last two weeks, i've been considering building tanks myself, along with my good friend, but i could not find the schemes anywhere... finally i got a reply with the dimensions of main tanks (rhino, chimera, leman russ, land raider), but that just wasn't what i was looking for
    |br>as i came across this forum, i realised that i can print the sheets out, finish the models and them carve them out of plast/wood, as i intended... great!
  3. Kjev

Kjev Member

It's true, it's awesome, and it's mostly due to Flarebaffled.
  4. Sippy

Sippy New Member

I looked at game and work and it is amazing!

Thank You for sHaring.
  5. Palpatine82

Palpatine82 New Member

done and great

hey flare, just did the dread and the rhino, god damn what great way to get a stylish model for free! very big thanks to you from here!
  6. Palpatine82

Palpatine82 New Member

sry for what's coming next^^

have just read that with 5 posts you can get much more access to downloads, so sry for nearly spaming^^
  7. Palpatine82

Palpatine82 New Member

8. Palpatine82

Palpatine82 New Member

9. Palpatine82

Palpatine82 New Member

10. Kjev

Kjev Member

What do you mean you "can get much more access to downloads?" Registering has always worked for me.
  11. Lord Manimal

Lord Manimal Member

Are any of these amazing designs available for download? I've been skimming through this incredible post, but haven't seen any links, just images.
  12. Kjev

Kjev Member

Odd. The link to the downloads USED to be easy to find. But since it isn't any more, here it is:

There is a category for Warhammer under Movies, TV and Games. Enjoy!
  13. the_spartan_fury

the_spartan_fury Shadow Striker

thnx for the link Kjev!
    it is very odd they block users from the downloads section. i might have read somewhere that it is blocked to users with less a set number of posts. i can understand that, it prevents people from downloading files without writing in forums, which makes their registration effectively pointless, but it's unfair on ppl like me who DO write on the forum now and then. i admit i was off for ages, but what excuse is that?

thinking about it, i could consider inspiring to bring dawn of war buildings and scenery to the tabletop game. i saw an awesome necron summoning core elsewhere, and i know of sm listening post turret and heavy bolter models made on another forum, but i was thinking of scratch building some myself and uploading them here.
    any requests? not too harsh mind! and pref from dark crusade.
  14. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

It's impossible to please everybody, spartan. The best way to limit the number of pirate attacks is to limit the type of people who can access them. Besides, it won't kill you or anyone else to post a bit in order to access them, and they only require you to post about ten times before you can access them.
  15. Kjev

Kjev Member

Careful. Big Brother is Watching You.

TAU!!!!! Devilfish, Hammerheads, Skyrays, Petras, Tetras, Tigersharks, Tau Buildngs, and of course, the Manta to carry it all!

I also know it is possible (though I don't know how) to rip 3D meshes from Dawn of War and convert them.

And I'd beta-build Tau for you any day of the week.
  16. the_spartan_fury

well, i can do the ripping, Kjev. easy!
    what i meant though is some of the more angular models. i currently do not have all the resources to do model ripping, so guesswork according to the game would be best till i get the stuff. i am currently considering the necron stuff. watch this space!
  17. Kjev

Kjev Member

Necron would be good too. You don't see too much of their stuff. Any of their buildings would be good, and I'd be willing to beta-build for you.

I just said Tau because I have a squad of them. Not that I actully PLAY W40K. I used to scratchbuild terrain for people and they were bought to put in the pictures.
  18. Acheron

Acheron New Member

I have to say that the stuff on this thread is amazing ... heck, it's what made me join this form
  19. the_spartan_fury

ok, dawn of war scenery is going a lil bit slow, partly cos of school. i really ought to go on dow and get some close-ups of the buildings. i noticed the sm heavy bolter turret already (sort of) exists for the imperial guard on forge world.

one method of model rip hasn't worked (3d ripper dx) the models come out warped, maybe cos of camera angle.

trying through 3ds max and santos' tool at some point

don't worry about the tau. i've just bought a squad of fire warriors and a battlesuit to try out a new colour scheme! and i don't collect them either!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.