Warhammer 40K Armour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AoM

AoM New Member

Flare, they're still blocked right now, or I did something that won't let me download them. hmmm...

BTW, any chance of those naked shading versions showing up for me anytime? no rush, just wondering.
  2. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

File is in the moderation queue ... soon as the moderators approve it, it will be available to download :) Shouldn't take long!
  3. gwssms

gwssms Member

Is this still in moderation? I still get "you do not have permission to access this page" from the download link.
  4. AoM

AoM New Member

It looks like the moderation queue is really backed up. maybe a mod has been sick or something. I know I've been waiting for a few models to get through moderation. i keep checking every few days.
  5. gwssms

gwssms Member

Are there any moderators hanging out on the site these days? :(
  6. JackFrost

JackFrost Member

awesome add on FlareBaffled added to the list :thumb:heheheh despite having a Fw Damocles
  7. Grindar

Grindar Member

Once again, beautiful work Flare...I look forward to building these!

Speaking of building them, has anybody converted the textures for the rhino to either imperial fists or black templar? Or would be willing to do it?

I've found I have no photoshop skills over the years...

Could someone at least tell me how to extract the current texture file from the pdo so I can attempt it?

Til then, I'll be doing one of my classic textureless text builds...I bet this model will still look awesome...we'll just call it a white scars themed rhino lol.
  8. salvaje

salvaje New Member

Hi, i download the templates of the valkyrie few days ago, but they are too small, the forgeworld valkyrie has approximately 30 cm of length and 24 of width....:cry:
  9. Grindar

Grindar Member

Salvaje, just load up the valkyrie in pepakura designer and adjust the scale.

Playing around with it gave me a scale factor of 3.5 to be close to the dimensions you gave.

You change it by going to 2dpatternwindow -> recalculate parts layout.

As a general note, the auto parts layout fails hard, so be prepared to reorganize it to fit on the least number of pages and to have minimal parts spanning multiple pages, especially blowing it up like you are.
  10. poperol

poperol New Member

FlareBaffled, is there any chance AT ALL this might be available as something other than a .PDO? currently no version of pepakura designer OR pepakura viewer runs properly in WINE, so there is no way for any of us linux users to use your models.
  11. Grindar

Grindar Member

Thing is poperol, there's no other format that I know of that lets you view the model as well.

Could put the pieces in a pdf, no problem. But when it somes to assembling them, you're just going to say wtf, mate? I've had that problem WITH the pdo, if you read through the history on this thread.

If flare doesn't mind I can make the pdfs of the parts, but perhaps you ought to consider it a downside of using your choice of operating system. I love linux too, making this post on my ubuntu box, but windows is indispensable to me.
  12. poperol

poperol New Member

Well, then I guess I'll have to use someone else's machine and "print" some .pdf there, hopefully a newer version of WINE will run pepakura.Thing is there's noting I need back in windows, and buying a licence and double-booting JUST for pepakura is not whorthed when there's so many models for wich I dont need it. thank you anyway.

ARMORMAN Guest

As far as the instructions are concerned, I just did a bunch of screen grabs and pasted them together when I did the Russ. I have a Mac intel for my kid's home schooling and I have a copy of windoze for it as well.

Attached Files:

14. Grindar

Grindar Member

if you do the screenshots on the other models, you'll want to make sure to do it an object at a time, because a lot of them overlap...for example, the dread arms or the leman russ turrets.

You'll need to do that in Designer, not viewer, though that much functionality works in the free version i believe.
  15. Kjev

Kjev Member

Why not instal Windows as a guest OS? I know of a user who boots in Vista, then has Guest OSs of Mac X, XP, Win 2000, Linux, and Win 98. It helps him with his computer repair business. Of course, if you can't find a free copy of XP, you're still out the cost of the OS.
  16. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

OK Guys ... nowadays, I don't get anything like as much free time as I would like, and have not had a chance to do anyhting much by way of modelling ... not by choice...but when the squeeze is on at work, I have to do what I have to do!

Now...There are a TON of things I have got to finish up when time permits, and unfinished projects that I REALLY want to get done. Assuming I can get a proper handle on scale, thre is no reason I can't migrate my stuff over to pdf files. I thought it might be good to do pdf sets for specific chapters or units, and then bunch them together to make squad packs.

Say...a pair of Ultramarines rhino's with a Razorback etc.

I also thought about doing add-ons like fancy door panels or extra glue-on markings and icons. The main problem for me would be the time it would take to do the instructions. If anyone wants to help out with that...please drop me a pm.
  17. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Your work is awesome!!! I've always been intrested in WH 40K but the price always scared me off. With your paper units I may go get the rulebook and some figures. Oh no, not like I need another addiction :p

Keep up the great work :D

18. Kjev

Kjev Member

By the time the Tau came out (I'm not a fan of any of the other races), I was pretty heavy into Classic Battletech, and figured I only had room for one game. But I've built and sold wargames terrain for over 10 years now, and most of it was for W40K. Out of necessity, I became familiar with it, and even though I have no rulebook, I do have a squad of Fire Warriors. Not sure what I'll do with them, but they will certainly help show off Flare's Baneblade when I finish it.
  19. Grindar

Grindar Member

Being run over by it, I trust? Because short of hammerhead support there's not much the tau can do about a baneblade...

Definitely understand the time constraint, I haven't printed out and put anything together in like 3 months...I'll be glad to help out in any way I can though.

Edit: btw flare, it looks like somebody made pdfs of the parts and put 'em on 4chan...prepare for the /b/tards.
  20. Kjev

Kjev Member

Tau v. Baneblade

The only time I've actually played has been in Dawn of War. A pair of Hammerheads with enough time can eventually take out a Baneblade, Land Raider, or Gargantuan Squiggoth.

The trick is getting them the time . . . .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.