Warhammer 40K Armour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kjev

Kjev Member

And K'Jev goes on the prowl!

I'll see what I can find. I know there are a few under construction. Armorbimbo has some good pics (or a link thereto). Give me a day or three . . .
  2. think-floyd

think-floyd Member

I dunno how practical a warlord would be to be honest. It'd be about 3-4 feet high, and a heck of a lot of cardstock. I don't know how you could keep a decent level of detail at that scale without it becoming unbuildable. Maybe that's just me though :p

I'm still waiting on a Marauder bomber Flare, when will you make me one? :D
  3. Kjev

Kjev Member

Errr . . . Practical? Actually, practicality never crossed my mind. Not even once.

The scratchbuilt ones I have seen pictures of are generally 2 1/2-3 feet high. Warseer.com has a blog of one being built (not out of paper though). It's incredibly detailed. Too much so for me. I like the plainer, "vanilla" titan. Armor plates, guns, big stompy feet. . . I'm pretty easy to please that way

As for the Marauder, I fully intend to build one as soon as Flare can walk me through ripping it out of Dawn of War.
  4. think-floyd

think-floyd Member

Not familiar with ripping stuff from DOW, but i have a ton of reference material if anyone wants stuff. I've got access to the Imperial armor books, which have great blueprints and elevation views. Drop me a pm if you need anything.
  5. Kjev

Kjev Member

Blueprints and technical data (dimensions, tonnage, fluff and so on) would help a lot. I've really only seen them in Dawn of War: Soulstorm, and since I mainly play the Tau, I usually shot them down.
  6. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Scale wise, linked with practicality and such like says the build should be in the 24" region. There is an ongoing debate over size, but as long as it stands tall over the othe Titans, then it is OK. Forgeworld have upscaled the Titans somewhat to make htem more impressive.... and the bigger scratchbuilt Warlords were scaled relative to those. An Epic scale conversion yields something a lot smaller.... so there is some 'scope' when it comes to size.

practicality can also be helped by making the unit in sections. If the torso can be taken off the legs, then the thing becomes a lot easier to transport around.

Detail wise, there are areas that need it... and those that really do not! The back of the legs does, for example, and the same for the arm joints and head. There are also areas I think some over-detail. This is a war-machine....and should look like one.
  7. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

As Sherlock Holmes would say ...the game is afoot ....

ARMORMAN Guest

Looks good!
  9. Kjev

Kjev Member

Hee hee hee. Makes the hound of the Baskervilles look rather tame, eh?

It looks awesome. If you need a beta-builder, may I be the first to beg for the position?:)wave: me! me! me! me! me! me! me! O pick me!)
  10. Kjev

Kjev Member

A thought on color (which probably occurred to Flare already)

I was just thinking this morning that you could color this baby to match the baneblade, a gray skin, a desert skin, a green one (to match the Epic mini GW always shows, or everybody's favorite, the Imperious Dictatio. A flame job would be cool too. I'm pretty fair with Photoshop, so I'd be willing to help in that area.
  11. Tigershark

Tigershark New Member

variant for rhino?

I read some message post on this forum, and some of you rote about variant for rhino like predator, etc...
    but I don't find them .

are they finished?

I made all the model for w40k, anfd they are fabulous...really amazing
  12. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

The basic MkII Rhino is available in the download section, plus there is an add-on that turns it into a Razorback. An extra set for making Whirlwinds, Damocles and such is done, but not tidied up for release. Been a bit short on modelling time of late, and this is one of many projects I need ot find time to complete!
  13. AoM

AoM New Member

If you're going to throw up rhino/razorback alternative colors with the upgrade pack, that would be awesome! Of course, I'd love the option of a darker grey or black (with texture still). Finding these models means I can still get away with doors that open for my razorbacks, since the used models i had access to all had the doors glued shut.

And the FW-style razorback turrets are the icing on the cake.

When you put up the add-on packs, will you also be putting up those tarantula turret bases you mentioned? Those are useful for tons of games.
  14. Kjev

Kjev Member

Enthusiastic, isn't he?:mrgreen:

Can you use photoshop at all AoM? if so, you can change the colors of the skins to suit your fancy. I've done this with more than one model.
  15. AoM

AoM New Member

I'm terrible with PS, but I've got graphic designer friends. The problem I see is getting the skins to them. with the free pepakura viewer, I don't seem to be able to do much besides see them and print them. Of course, I'm sure I'm missing something.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I was already going to have one of my friends do some skin work for the French Drop Pod templates, so I'm sure I could just dump the rhino skins off on him as well. He owes me for some recording and live sound work I've done for his band recently. :wink:
  16. Kjev

Kjev Member

Pepakura also has a free version of the designer. I admit, I'm not real familiar with how to do it, but I am pretty certain you can export the skin with the designer. I know it will be a .bmp (bitmap) file, which Photoshop can handle.

And if someone owes you, well, it's definitely a good way to get paid back. Which brand pf Space Marines do you play?
  17. AoM

AoM New Member

sounds promising. I'll look into that. Thanks!
  18. Hey another request for this beauty!!!!!!!!
    I have a death krieg army and am to broke to afford the veh.:cry:[​IMG]
  19. Kjev

Kjev Member

Oh I agree. One can never have too many big tanks running around under the feet of one's titan. Kind of like tripping over cute puppies and cuddly kittens.:D
  20. AoM

AoM New Member

don't play Guard, but I'd also love a Macharius that's as well done as the Baneblade. Of course, the other, fixed turret super heavies based on the Baneblade chassis would be cool, too. And Flare already said those just needed to get cleaned up, iirc.

Vulcan Macharius would be my request for the first Macharius to do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.