Warhammer 40K Armour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

This is the track pod .... textures not done yet, but I will be dumping it out plain for a test build ... need to make sure it will work OK and not be a swine to build!

Suspension and wheels are as per the baneblade, but the tracks will be simpler. They are too small to work well BB style. These will have a simple strip paper core, with blocks glued on to give depth.

2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

tee hee hee ... my vote too. :p
  3. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Just finishing off the detail bits on the valkyrie, then I can upload that. The Rhino is coming along nicely, and I have laid on the rough textures and will do a test build of the pod once I have finished it. Then the main hull will go in place.

Hmmm... Thunderhawk, Marauder, Arvus, Transporter variant, Rhino, Whirlwind, Vindicator .... let me see....should be able to get that all done before bedtime :p
  4. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Badly I can wait for the valkyrie hehehehe! Great work Flare!
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I have given warhammer its own download area - i will be working on migrating current models to new section :)
  6. steve2765

steve2765 New Member

Attached Files:

• e2ac.jpg
      File size:
      12.5 KB
  7. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Yea...I have seem this one, but it lacks detail and textures ... something I want to add! There is a whole series of simple moels out there, but when I tried to paint them up after building, I couldn't get a finish I was happy with. Painting the card edges always made them stand out too much even wuth sanding.

This project is my attempt to make a set of models that can be printed already 'painted' and assembled into a model. Also, since I am releasing them all as unlocked PDO files, it is easy to export the templates and re-paint them in a paint program if you want to change them. The Space Marine models working texture is actually grey .... with 2 main layers seperating the coloured and non coloured surfaces. That way, I can colour the units in different chapter schemes without difficulty.

I also went for a paler scheme for the Baneblade for the same reason. It is easier to tint that in camo colours for changes.

Anyway....in terms of progress, we now have the Valkyrie about ready for release, and the Rhino track pod ready for a test build :)

Pictures to follow.
  8. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

OK..Rhino sidepods are all unfolded and ready for a test build. Got to get the Valkyrie finished as well...but I have been struggling for build time!

9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Great work man, keep it coming. Whoot!
  10. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Finally found enough time to sit down and finish the Valkyrie build! Made a few minor modifications to the PDO file to ease building, but was generally pleased with the result. Iwill NEVER print on a laser again...it makes for a glossy finish that cracks easily on folds and which does not take glue well. Least I now have a new printer to test out on the Rhino.

Anyway... here are the final pics, and the PDO has been submitted. Once it gets through moderation, it will be there for you to download and build. Enjoy!

11. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Very, very nice. The cockpit looks like an Apache Helicopter. Great model.:thumb:
  13. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

You certainly have an abundance of talent. Thoroughly impressing.
  14. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

I second that, great model FlareBaffled!!

Thanks for share your piece of art with us ;)
  15. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Had a lazy day today! os of lovely motorsport...so I spent most of hte day sat in front of the telly! Moto GP, Superbikes, Touring cars and FIA GT :thumb:

Since I was sat ...I drageed out the cutting board and got hte test build underway for the Rhino. Needed to make a LOT of adjustments to some parts to make them fit nicely, but after 3 or 4 model re-builds, followed by unfolding and reprinting, I got somehting I was happy with. This is the first track unit..minus wheels and tracks:

The door opens nicely, and will link up to a simple interior inside the main hull. The rear door will also open. If you don;t want opening doors, they can be glued shut, and save you the trouble of building the inside... though the side door openings and their interior tunnel give the side pods strength!

More pics to follow when the wheels and tracks are in place :cool:
  16. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Oh yes .... nearly forgot ....

Anyone know what this is going to turn into ?

17. Gixergs

Looking really good although I don't know if it's a good idea to be holding a knife while watching the Moto GP, The Rossi , Pedrosa battle would of had me losing a fingersign1
  18. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

It was a classic race, and even after Rossi cleared off into the distance, watching his team-mate fight up the places, riding with two broken ankles!!!! and getting into second place... that was something! Moto GP has the kind of overtaking and general 'don't look away coz you'll miss something' that the car racing just doesn't come close to :) Going to watch the 125's and 250's on BBC I-plater later on.

But, anyway, I still have all 10 fingers!
  19. archangel1

archangel1 Member

Hopefully, it's a Shadowsword, although it could be a Stormblade or Stormsword. No matter. I'll take any of them! :thumb:
  20. Gixergs

Glad you still have all your bits I'm amazed Hopper didn't lose anything when his chain came off. Didn't know the Beeb bothered with the 125's so i shall try and catch that myself, gotta watch young Bradders!. Thanks for all the hard work your putting into these models for everyone I look forward to the next TTA one when youv'e finished the million and one other things your doing:mrgreen:
    All the best Gix
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.