Wanted: Paper Ship Modeler

skeena59

WANTED: Experienced, skilled and proficient PAPER ship modeler ready, willing and able to build a PAPER ship model for money. If this is a moral or other ethical issue, please do not respond. General knowledge of naval ships, especially submarines a must. Serious enquiries only Please. skeena59@hotmail.com

skeena59

Rick, perhaps I miswrote. The moral and ethical dilemma I was referring to is not the actual building of models, paper or otherwise. However, it has been my experience that the majority of modelers I have met are somewhat reluctant to accept financial compensation for their labour for whatever reason. No offence meant to all the modellers out there.

Thanks for the explanation, I was scratching my head going "what the (insert your favourite explict)???

Hmmm Skeena...It wouldn't be a River Class Destroyer of the RCN would it?

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Skeena,

Well, I personally cant help you out, but, I did want to welcome you to the forum, we are glad to have ya.
I am sure that someone will be able to help you with your problem.
I think if you were able to give a few more details, that might help, you were abit vague. And since we dont charge by the word here, feel free to take as much space as you need to explain what you need done and give a few details that might help "entice" a builder (the money can be discussed between you and whoever, but letting ppl know the type ship involved might get more "nibbles" than an empty hook).
Anyway, like I said, I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and tell ya we are glad to have ya here.

Have a good evening,

Greg aka GW

skeena59

Greetings Greg et al, Thanks for the warm welcome. Sorry for the vagueness of my post but am still in the initial planning stages. I can say that it is a submarine, SSBN, Soviet/Russian pedigree, Typhoon class. Big scale, 1/200. Was told a company in Poland makes a kit of it. Need to do some more reference though. Rick, sorry to disappoint but the River class was a very good choice. Not just yet, someday perhaps,...

skeena59

OK. Got it Thanks. While I'm on the subject anyone know whether or not a paper card kit of Oscar class KURSK submarine exists anywhere,..yet, maybe?

Jim Krauzlis

Ditto! :smile:

There are a number of great submarines from the Russian fleet that I felt would make superb models. Ah, for the time and skill to design one. :smile:

I hope you take on one of them and I hope you'll keep us all advised if you do!

Cheers!

Jim