Wanted: Model Builders for the EAA Museum Exhibit

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by sakrison, Feb 20, 2009.

1. sakrison

sakrison Member

EAA Museum Exhibit

I'll be putting the EAA Museum's Paper Models Exhibit back up soon, and I'm looking for builders for a couple of models I don't have time to build. I'd like to see the following included in the exhibit:

Marek's Pitts Special in 1/33

GeeBee Racer in 1/33

"Swan" Delta Ultralight (free from Kartonmodelbau) in 1/33

Any Sukhoi aerobatic aircraft in 1/33

Models become the property of the museum. Builders get credit in the exhibit.
    I need these by early July. If you have to purchase the models, I will pay you the cost of your purchase when I receive the finished models.

You don't have to be a master modeler. If you are interested, e-mail me at sakrison@charter.net and send a photo or two of models you have built.

2. sakrison

sakrison Member

I don't have a P-51 in the exhibit. Would anyone care to donate one? . . . any publsher

The Paper Models exhibit at the EAA Museum in Oshkosh goes up again this weekend.
  3. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

4. sakrison

sakrison Member

The exhibit is up. I'm still looking for models of the planes listed above. I'd also like to include a GPM Wilga if anyone is up to the challenge. If there is something else you'd like to build for the exhibit, let me know. I want to keep rotating new models through it from time to time.

I have not had a chance to photograph the exhibit. I've been swamped with a book deadline and putting together a book/lecture tour that kicks off this Saturday. I'll be in KY, OH, MD, PA, and Washington DC, with a book signing at the National Museum of Natural History and a slide program at the National Air & Space Museum.

No worries,
  5. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

No promises - I'll see what I can find. I'm still fighting with NASA's James Webb telescope model (didn't cover themselves with glory on this one).
    I'd say this comes under the heading of education.
    'nother EAA member