Want to trade for some 'DISCONTINUEDS*....

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by R_Mortisse, Aug 16, 2007.

1. R_Mortisse

R_Mortisse New Member

Hi, all! I'm new here.
    And the only reason I joined up, is so I could get some help finding some of those *discontinued* papercraft models...

I'm desperately looking for...
    1)The 2006 Batmobile 'Tumbler' cardstock.
    2)The 'Scream Horrorhouse' promotional papercraft. (Put out by Universal Studios Orlando, for their HalloweenHorrorNights campaign.)
    3)The 'Psycho Scareapy' papercraft house, they also put out, along with it.
    4)The ('Jason and the Argonauts') TALOS papercraft, that WAS available at 'Pepakura Designer' site.

If ANYONE knows of an active link somewhere, where I can DL these... OR, has them available for 'trade'... I'd be really appreciative if you contacted me!!

2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

The Tumbler and Talos are still available

go to paperinside.com - Paper Models » Batman for the Tumbler

and for Talos go to ranking
    first item on the list, click on the small red arrow to download the file

As for the other two, you might be better off on ebay buying those kits.

3. R_Mortisse

R_Mortisse New Member

More HELP needed...

I Deeply appreciate the kind responses to my requests. (I didn't expect so many, so fast.)
    Thanks to all of your kind help, I now have 'TALOS' and the 'Batmobile: Tumbler'.

I still need the Universal Orlando 'Psycho Scareapy' and 'Scream Horrorhouse' papercraft giveaways.

I already tried looking for it on E-bay. Noone is currently auctioning it.
    (And, it would kinda suk to have to pay for a promotional freeby, anyways.) :-C
    If noone knows of an active link where it can still be DLed...
    I'm still HOPING that someone will have it on file/in their collection someplace. If so, I'm hoping they'll trade for it.
    (I just cant believe how HARD it is to find these two pieces.) :-<

Lastly, I have a special request from my niece...
    She wants to build the 'Samurai Pizza Cat pizza parlor'.
    We've been looking, and can only find the 'assembly instructions'. (The link to the 'parts-file' appears to be dead. It says something about 'user's bandwidth has been exceeded' and never seems to change.

Can anyone help with this one, too?

4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

if the models in question were a hardcopy giveaway, then it is a no-no to ask for a dowload of the models.

Ninjatoes should be able to be reached by sending an email to him, try that

5. R_Mortisse

R_Mortisse New Member

Pizza Cats/'Psycho Scareapy' & 'Scream Horrorhouse'...

Thanks for the help witrh the pizza parlor!
    We've got it now. (It'll make her very happy.) :-D

As to the 'Psycho Scareapy' and 'Scream Horrorhouse' papercrafts,...

Well, they were listed as 'free downloads' here...

Papercraft Paradise | PaperCrafts | Paper Models | Card Models: March 2007

Which is where my search actually began.
    The offer appears to have been a FREE promotional giveaway download, (to PROMOTE Universal Orlando's 'HalloweenHorrorNights' vacation them-package), but the site....

Universal Studios Orlando: Attractions, Accommodations, Shopping, and more

...just isn't offering it anymore. :-C

To the best of my knowledge, they have NEVER been 'for sale' items. (Which is why I was thinking someone might have the files available for trade/stored on some disk somewhere.

Anyway... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

The psychoscarepy was offered from the same guy who did the Walt Disney Haunted Mansion, Ray Kiem, if I remember correctly.
    I believe they are still available via a link on his site but you would have to look for it as I'm not sure where on his site it is located.

7. R_Mortisse

R_Mortisse New Member

Stil a 'NO-GO'...

I checked both of his sites...wall1

The first one...

Haunted Dimensions by Ray Keim

has three 'mansion projects, but not the two promotions, I'm looking for.

The second (his personal website)...

Ray Keim - Animator / Illustrator

..has a link that says that it is linked to his "disney land haunted mansions 3-d tribute site'. BUT, it only links to the first site. ('Haunted Dimensions')

Its still a no-go. I still think my best bet is to find someone who has it on file.

ARMORMAN Guest

I am currently DL the files through Wayback Machine. Copy the link from Papercraft Paradise; paste it in the Wayback Machine; select "Mar 03 2007"; the pictures will not come up, but the links to the pdfs still work; right click and "save link target as" and you're done.
  9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

10. R_Mortisse

R_Mortisse New Member

I REALLY appreciate all the help that everyone has given m!! You are all very kind. :thumb:

I treid the Wayback Machine... it COULD open up the site, on the date specified.
    However, there APPEARED... (its a little hard to say for sure... all the graphics were inactive)... to be ONLY a link to the 'Scream Horrorouse' file there.
    I DID manage to get it to DL. But, when I tried to open it, it had 'errors'.
    So, the option just didn't work for me. (I blame my cruddy computer.) But, I think it might still work for someone else. :cry:

In the end, I was 'saved' by the kindness of a fellow forum member... who kindly 'helped me find' what I needed!! :thumb:
    (The good news is... I've got them ALL, now!! *YAY!*)

I really can't think you all enough!!

Take care. HAVE FUN!! :mrgreen: :wave: :mrgreen:
  11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Ok then! You can pay everyone back by showing us some pictures!:thumb:

12. R_Mortisse

R_Mortisse New Member

*HEH HEH*

When I get something 'finished', I'll be happy to post them.
    (It'll be nice to get some feedback.)

13. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

The wayback machine still has my 1997-2002 html pages hosted by AOL, but without the images. Is there a way to delete those pages? They are useless.

14. R_Mortisse

R_Mortisse New Member

Okay. I've been pretty lucky on here, with my requests, so far...

So, I want to see if my luck is still holding out.

I've got one more request to make, before my vacation is truly over with and I have to head back to work....

Three days ago, I was surfing the web, looking for various papercraft resources. It was geting late and my family was getting ready to go to bed...
    When I came across a website that offered free papercraft downloads, of houses and buidlings.... built in the 1950s style.
    (If I remember it correctly, the name of the site was the name of the make-believe town you could build from all of their kits put together. Something like... 'Sprangeville', or something. I can't remember exactly.)
    The only thing I DO remember exactly, was that the site has street lamppost files and two types of watertowers to DL. (One was modern. The other 1950s style.)
    I think the site also had MANOR houses, for DL. (I think the pic had a model-T parked in front of the house.)
    I wanted to DL some of those files, but I was out of time. And, in my rush I forgot to bookmark the site.
    And, now I can't find it again. (And, I've been trying ALOT.) Trying to retrace my footsteps has been fruitless.

If there is anyone out there, (who has been doing papercraft longer than me), who has seen the site I'm talking about...

Could you PLEASE email it's web-address?!

Thanks. :-,
  15. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I believe you are talking about a site that anyone can add their own designs and the town just keeps growing.
    I can't remember the name of it either, not exactly but if you don't have it right, your awful close.
    I'm trying to find it and I'm looking for it now.
    I'll keep looking until I find it or someone else posts it.

16. dansls1

dansls1 Member

17. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That's it! Thank you!:thumb:

18. R_Mortisse

R_Mortisse New Member

That is definitely it!!
    (Man, you guys are 'on the ball'!!) :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::thumb:

19. dansls1

dansls1 Member

I have to admit that was an easy one to search. I remembered distinctly that I pointed out it seemed like something from HP Lovecraft when it was first posted - so I searched for 'Lovecraft' and there were only 3 threads mentioning it :D
  20. R_Mortisse

R_Mortisse New Member

You mean,... because of the HPL gravestone! Yeah...

The funny thing was, I had NOT seen it on my previous visit. (You're right. It probably WOULD have been easier to find, if I had.) :oops:

Still I'm glad that YOU remembered...
    THAT too, was another reason to go back there! (I've DLed it. And AM going to include it in my little 'HORROR movie' diorama. I wonder if anyone will even notice.) :mrgreen:
    I think that site has some cool ideas and hope that they are still going to make it grow. (I might even try to add something to it, in the future.)
    I think I'll drop by there and read up on it, a little more today.

thanks, again.