want a beginner car!

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by 432gone, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 432gone

432gone New Member

i am looking into some good nitro buggies for me as a beginner. I've heard god things bout the ofna ultra lx pro , ofna ultra mbx, hyper 7, and 9.5 violator. i was woundering which is better than the others and what their prices are approximately and also which one would be the best for me if i was just doing some backyard bashing and a little bit of racing with my friends.
  2. Nitram68

Nitram68 Member

432gone-You might want to go to "www.towerhobbies.com" to price out some of the buggies you listed. The 9.5 violator and the hyper 7(RTR both) you listed are up there in price(CHA-CHING)! Just letting you know before you set your heart on one then not be able to afford it. Good luck with whatever you get!:D
  3. 432gone

432gone New Member

thanks nitram68, i will look into them all more and see what will be the best for price, reliablility and parts avalibility
  4. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

may i suggest asociated or team losi, ive been racing these for a few years and never gone wrong there, for instance my first nitro car was a asociated gt, requires a few hopups to be sturdy but well worth it , definatly shop around and try ebay for best prices, youll notice reguolar hobby shops mark up items about 45 % if you can avoid hobby shops youll be wise to do so , try ebay , or online shops,, also if u find some one with a used car if there good people and you make sure its good b 4 u buy it thats a good way to get one cheap, try local tracks or shops,,, ask around,, usually youll fuind some one willing to hook ya up ,, the best place to find a good used car is usually in the track ,, then u get people with tool box's full of stuff there wiling to part with , any how good luck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.