Walz Hardcore Cycles Mille Miglia papermodel

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by loudog49, Oct 20, 2008.

1. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

Yeah I here ya on the bias. I've tried meta and a few other free programs and I just haven't had that "eureka" moment with them. It's another language entirely. Sketchup, for me, is alot easier to understand in terms of mechanics. Although I'm still a noob when it comes to designing!
  2. loudog49

loudog49 Member

Hello All! :wave:

Been a while but I found more time to spend on the model. I added the gas tank, detailed the front wheel, started on the front forks, and added the exhaust pipes.

Lots more to do, but I think I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel (well at least to the unfolding and prototype build steps). :mrgreen:

I even threw in a line-less render, though I couldn't get the lighting as good as I wanted but did the best I could.

Attached Files:

ARMORMAN Guest

Oooooooooo...... :)
  4. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Now that is one sharp bike!
  5. Janx

Janx Member

excellent model, looks the business!
  6. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

This may very well be the first non-SF model I'll build if you release it... It looks AWESOME!
    Good job!
  7. loudog49

loudog49 Member

Thanks for the nice comments, everybody :mrgreen:

I will release it someday but its really hard for me to say exactly when at this point.

8. loudog49

loudog49 Member

Small update. Handlebars and hand brake/clutch levers are just about done. I tried to spare no detail. Hopefully its buildable.

Attached Files:

9. zealousy

zealousy Member

it looks great! Keep it rolling! CANNOT wait for this you know :)
  10. think-floyd

think-floyd Member

Huge pat on the back Loudog, that's actually one of the coolest things I've seen on Zealot in a long while :)

Usually I'm not a huge fan of custom "chopper" type bikes, but I don't think this one really falls into that category. I think "hardcore" is probably the most fitting word they could have chosen for the bike hehe.

I certainly think it could be "buildable"... difficult to say the least, but possible. I would offer to beta build it for you, but that's one intimidating bike!
  11. loudog49

loudog49 Member

Lost my hard drive right when I was trying to backup my work wall1 . Luckily I made periodic backups before and only lost a small amount of progress. I had to redo some work though which is mildly frustrating because its hard enough the first time :curse:. Taught me to mirror my data as often as possible.

Anyway, I added the headlight, the front brake calipers, and front fender. I would say that the entire front end is now complete. Now my work will be on finishing the middle section and small finishing details. I will be ready to add the textures soon :mrgreen:.

Attached Files:

12. Altair

Altair New Member

I wish I'd seen more progress on this bike...looks like a project on hold?
  13. loudog49

loudog49 Member

Hi Altair, I migrated this thread to different paper model forum during the tumultuous times last year. I'm a little too lazy to update two forums at the same time so I abandoned this thread...until now.

The model is complete and available for download at this link:

14. cdirto

cdirto New Member

Wow, just found this post. I think I will be visiting that site mentioned above and trying my not so skilled talents on this for my friend who just had to give up his scooter due to a medical problem. I think he might enjoy having something like this around.