Walther's Modern 130" Turntable

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
I am just getting started (again) with a new layout and one of the items I intend to evenually purchase and make a show part of my layout is the new Walther's 130' turntable.

I have in front of me the latest Walther's monthly flyer with the turntable advertised. In the ad it mentions that the turntable is 3 5/8th inches deep. My question is, in setting up the area for the turntable, will I need to leave more "depth" that the 3 5/8th" of the turntable itself. If so, and it isn't really a big deal, how much of an area would need to be 3 5/8" deep or more. I'm thinking I can cut out an area in the oxboard before I overlay the insualtion foam and it would be a whole lot easier to do that way. :)

Of course, heaven forbid that I should think far enough ahead to wind up doing anything the easy way :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks

Bob

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Bob, I would wait till I had the turntable before I cut its opening. You mention using foam over oxboard, you want to make sure that the rail heights of the track on the bridge will match the railhead height of the approach tracks.

As regards bottom clearance, if you will be motorizing the table you'll need to allow for that.

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Val and Gary;

Thanks very much. Since I am building toward the area where the turntable is to be located it is still some time off before I have to address the situation up close and personal. I do think I will contact Walthers and see what they have to say about it.

Bob