walther's caboose needs MTL couplers.

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by csxengineer, Jan 29, 2006.

  1. csxengineer

    csxengineer Member


    I bought 2 bay window cabooses that have body mount couplers. How do I change them to Micro-train couplers? What is the coupler # I need?
  2. HPRL

    HPRL Member

    You will need to know the manufacturers name for both your cabooses. Then go to http://www.micro-trains.com/00_conversions.htm and look up the coupler numbers. Sometimes it is easier to buy the trucks & couplers together to ensure proper fit. You can probably buy just to couplers for a replacement. Either way you go, instructions will be included with couplers. Any HBS should be able to get you the couples. Or you can try a good on line store like 4NScale, Brooklyn Locomotive Works or N Scale. If you do not see the manufacture then send MTL and email with what you are trying to do. They usually get right back with recommendations. Good luck.:wave:
  3. eightyeightfan1

    eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

    Does the caboose have the old Rapido couplers? But the number for Micro-Trains coupler probably would be 1015.
    Hope that helps.
  4. csxengineer

    csxengineer Member

    got it!

    I need the #2001 , thanks for the link!!

Share This Page