Walt Disney's Great Locomotive Chase

ezdays

Out AZ way
Great thought, I didn't know that existed. I'll check it out though since I get excited anytime I see any film with trains in it.

hminky

I didn't know either until someone mentioned the History Channel documentary about the chase. I googled it up and the DVD is available.

And no, the Buster Keaton movie "The General" is not the same. That was not done by a railway buff like Disney was.

Harold

ezdays

Out AZ way
We have Dish Network satillite TV and there is one channel, RDTV that runs a full hour show several times during the week called, Trains and Locomotives that I can record with the DVR. These all show operations of a railroad, or feature a locomotive or line or a place. A lot of it is interesting, sometime though it gets boring, so it's great to be able to fast-forward.:cool: I watch it just to get ideals on scenery and lineside and other details.:thumb:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I really enjoyed that film last time I saw in in 1977 just before going off to college. I'd sure like to see it again. I can understand how it might inspire modeling the era.
Ralph

Pooh Bah
Harold: I have the film on Video Tape. Are there any extra features on the DVD? I remember a Disneyland program about making the movie.
Last week we bought a 5 DVD set that included The Titfield Thunderbolt, a British comedy about railway preservation. I know that at least 2 of the other films have vintage train scenes (Passport to Pimlico and Run for your Money).

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
I haven't seen that movie in years. Good to know its out on DVD.
On the subject...Does anybody know where I can get a copy of National Geographic's "Love Those Trains"?