WALL-E wip.

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Rebostar, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

No problem. From what I can see, you don't need my help. The rust looks really nice!
  2. uhwhatsup

uhwhatsup New Member

nice job matey i can'y wait to see when your done :rolleyes:

anyway bye:wave:
  3. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

nice! it reminds me of the Johnny-5 robot from Short Circuit!
  4. uhwhatsup

uhwhatsup New Member

hahha stuck to my butt =] lol

:thumb: brill job and i can'y see my house from here =]sign1:wave::wave::wave:
  5. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

At the end of the vid, there's a URL to the "company's" Web site (Buy n Large), which actually works. Check out some of the other robot "products": Sall·E, Gar·E, Nanc·E, & Wend·E.
  6. Rebostar

Rebostar I do try

Hmmmm.....Hit a snag.

I just tried a vanilla build of the hands and neck and they are way too fiddly to build at their present size. So I guess im gonna have to scale up the entire build. Hang fire and i'll up date asap.

Trader Sam, i've heard they will be adding to the site as it gets closer to release date, so it will be one to keep an eye on.
  7. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Yeah, I thought that he would be a tricksky little fella at your present scale,
    double the size would be betta.

8. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

just saw the commercial for this thing during the game, where he was messin with the vaccum.

it was funny as hell! :mrgreen:
  9. this would be sooo cute ^_^
  10. Rebostar

Rebostar I do try

I wish I could say I have made a lot of progress on the little fella, but I can't. :(

I have continued to work on painting him and hopefully I will be able to bump him in size to make him easier to build without to much trouble.

I did build one side of his tank track and wheels but ink started to run out as I was printing, so it has a greenish hue for now (It wont be like that on your builds because you would never let your tanks dry out, would yo? :p). I also put the tank track on back to front too, opps, thank the paper gods this is only a scruffy test build. I might post a picture later if I have time.

Don't give up on me just yet. ;)
  11. Rebostar

Rebostar I do try

I did say it was a bit green and back to front hamr .
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

just saw the trailer. i cant wait for the movie. great job looking forward to it.
  13. Coot59

Coot59 Member

Just wondering if you've made any progress lately?
  14. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

At my local cinema there was a huge card model of this Robot. grabbed a snapshot of the back. If you still need it, let me know...
  15. idonotexist

idonotexist New Member

is there anyway you can do a pdf? either of you? please!
  16. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

Still need good reference photos? MouseTimes.com has some excellent photos of a Wall·E maquette, starting here.
  17. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

18. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

I found a Wall·E paper model somewhere, but I can't find it. Anyhow, it wasn't very accurate, and it didn't look NEARLY as good as yours, Rebostar!
  19. angevine

angevine Member

20. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

By golly, that's the one. Odd that I couldn't find it; I always check that site now and then.