Walk Through Module

Bill Pontin

Still plugging away on my "NTrak" walk through. Completed painting the towers and gate and have re-assembled the gate to install the track and start the electrical.

Attachments

• MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 21

Bill Pontin

Added the plastic outside guard. It can be slipped in behind the posts and removed for transporting the gate. Have to make up several curved or corner pieces to complete the outside guards. The inside guards will be a lot lower and they all will be removable.

Attachments

• MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 20

Bill Pontin

The track is in and meets the NTrak module requirments. All joiners were soldered before installation. Lucked out and got it pretty straight using contact cement.

Attachments

• MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 19

Bill Pontin

The electrical had me stumped for a while, slept on it and came up with insetting the wires in the adjustable end plates. Note the thread'd inserts in the tower top. There are three lock down screws to facilitate adjusting each plate. Ordered some 6 and 2 pin cinch jones plugs to wire the towers together. Have not worked out all the details but if I sleep on it long enough it will. Providing power to the gate track is my biggest concern now. Thinking of using contacts on the hinge side. Have a club member who is electically oriented coming over tomorrow to provide some ideas.

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 21

Pooh Bah
Bill: I think you should arrange it so the open gate kills one module each side of it. Double gap each of the connector tracks at that point. I set my removable track section so that the electrical plugs have to be removed before the track can come out.
I set mine so that the north rail is power from the east side, through the removable section, and the south rail from the west side.