Wagner Mill Lumber Stacker

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by SDowning, May 21, 2007.

1. SDowning

SDowning New Member

First posting to this site, I wanted to show my latest project of a Lumber Stacker. I scratchbuilt this Lumber Stacker in 1/48 using a picture from the steaminthewoods Website of one at the Wagner Mill in 1932. Feel free to comment. Thanks for looking. Sean

Attached Files:

COMBAT Member

VERY NICE! The detail looks great!
  3. berraf

berraf Member

Wow, and wow again Sean :)

I suppose that it's not your first project that you now share with us?
    Perhaps you have more pictures? *Hope*
    Do you have any idea how many hours it took to make it?
    For me eternity wouldn't be enough :mrgreen:
  4. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

WOW,i couldnt imaine building soething that intricate!great detail man :thumb: make sure to keep bringing us those pics! :D --josh
  5. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Hi, Sean, and welcome to the Gauge. :wave: Beautifully done job!:thumb: :thumb: Was everything scratchbuilt, or did you use some commercially available parts? I like that light rail, too: anything heavier would've detracted from the scene.
    I have to confess, when I saw the title to your thread, I thought it was in reference to this:

6. SDowning

SDowning New Member

Thanks for your comments guys, glad you liked it. It took me about two months to complete as I had to redo the A-frame part a couple of times (I was never good at Geometry). The only comercial parts used were the pulleys and engine, the rest was from styrene. I will try to post some detail shots of it soon. Thanks again for the comments. Sean
  7. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

A great, well done model, Sean. Do you have the lumber mill to go with it?
  8. nachoman

nachoman Guest

woah. WOAH! that's cool!

9. modelsof1900

modelsof1900 Member

a very fine modelling job. Enjoy to see modellers making such fine superdetailed models. Congratulation!

10. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Very nicely done!

Welcome to The Gauge... :)

11. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

very nice and welcome to gauge SDowning
  12. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

SUPERB modeling! Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing your stuff with us Sean. Welcome aboard, by the way! :)
  13. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Welcome aboard, SDowning. Amazing job, I hope to see more pictures like that from you :wave: