Wacky Racers card models free downloads

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by GEEDUBBYA, Oct 19, 2005.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Ok, I am sure alot of us remember Saturday morning cartoons. I mean the good ones, not the ones they have on now a days, cartoons like "Stop that Pidgeon", or "Wacky Races" with Dick Dastardly and smedly, the anthill mob, Penelope Pittstop and Tom terrific.
    Well Rick "the webdude" over at: http://www.paperian.com/webdude/pcft.html has a nice collection of free card models of a few of the vehicles from the "Wacky Races" cartoon availible for Download. The files are in .pdo and 4 of the 10 vehicles are ready for download. He is designing the complete set of 10 including the following:

Car 00 Dick Dastardlys "Mean Machine"
    Car 01 The Slag Brothers "Boulder mobile"
    Car 03 Proff. Pat Pendings "convert a car"
    Car 04 The red max's "Crimson haybailer"

The rest of the 10 vehicles are still under various stages of design/construction and will be released soon. I dont know about ya'll, but I remember when these were offered in plastic form as "cereal box premiums" . But, if ya get a chance, stop by his site and check out these and his other models, all free downloads.

have a nice evening,

Greg aka GW

edit: I had too many images to be show in one posting so you will have to see the rest on The Webdudes site.
  2. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

These are GREAT!

I been building them as he has been coming out with them

So far he has
    The mean machine
    The crimson haybailer
    the bouldermobile &
    the buzzwagon

He has those four uploaded at the pepakura website [​IMG]
  3. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

Just wanted to let ya know Rick now has the convert-a-car available for download at pepakura gallery

Also anyone who builds and submits all 11 wacky racers will get a paper model trophy with their name on it

Wacky Racers Gallery
  4. treestoart

treestoart Guest

Dick Dastardly: "Muttley, dooo something" :mad:
    Muttley: " he he he he he he he!". :grin:
    I will no longer be ashamed to admit I recieved Wacky Races on DVD!
    Thanx Jazzman for the link, I have been hoping twice daily for a new download . You beat me to it!
  5. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

Army Surplus Special is Now available!

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I know these models may not appeal to ppl alot younger or alot older than myself.....I am 41, but, for ppl my age they are abit of nostagia....something from my past. I remember these cars coming in ceral boxes as free toys, there was erasers shaped like them too.
    And even though ya may not know alot about them, trust me if you build them, some one will see them and know right away what they are.
    I have already d/l ed all he has made availible and I also had a friend send me Dick Dastardly's "flying machine" his Biplane from the vulture squadron. Its a card model also and is very neat looking. For those of you who dont remember what it looked like, here it is:
    The paper model is by someone or some company calling themselves "Qrchak warfare production". The instrucions are 4 pages and the parts are on 2 pages with two additional "correction pages" I am thinking that the writing on the instruction page is polish if I am not mistaken.
    Anyway, just as soon as I get settled into my new job at work, I plan on starting on this plane.
    If you would like to take a stroll down memory lane, check out this site:

Have a good evening,

Greg aka GW
  7. rickstef

rickstef Guest

We used to have that plane in the parts bins, and the plane is also available at our sistersite www.kartonwork.pl

8. modelincard

modelincard Member

I'm 13 and I recognize them. I saw the show when I was alot younger. I haven't seen it recently, though.
  9. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

Oh yes. I loved that show. As if you can't tell :-D
    They still show it on BOOM network every morning ...
  10. hpept

hpept Member

Love these little crazy cars (or whatever they are). I'm 35 y/o and these objects are part of my childhood, but now my little 3 y/o son also. Here in Brasil they're broadcasting the series on the Cartoon Network and he's a big fan. We will be oth happy to have the whole series of models as soon as they all become available.