Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Nitro Napalm, Feb 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

with the steering wheel,you use more of your hand so you have better control.with a stick,you use,mostly,your thumb.
  2. Robin

Robin Member

I have a pistol for my truck and that is the only way i would go.
  3. Nitram68

Nitram68 Member

I have been scanning a lot of posts for a long time and thought it was time to log on and reply to some. I personally use AM pistol on my Maxx, but when the funds present themself I'll be going FM..
    The reason is that there are many more channels to choose from,the 6 lowband AM are too highly used(I.E. Traxxas RTR'S). Also the range on FM is vastly greater(Distance)than AM.:)
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

yea,FM is better
  5. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

i have used both, and honestly, i liked the futuba stick remote better than the hpi pistol i traded it had better throttle control, and is much easier to adjust
  6. timrock

timrock Active Member

you should use the pistol is just need the practice with both to realize which one is better.i`m sure you will find the pistol style to be better.
  7. mastmec

mastmec Member

timrookie, now your telling people what they should like?
  8. Nitram68

Nitram68 Member

TIM I'm glad to see that you rethought things from your earlier reply. Thank you for being polite in this last post.:D
  9. Vicissitude

Vicissitude New Member

i have an airtronics mx3 pistol also. may upgrade to an mx8 in future.
  10. Nitram68

Nitram68 Member

Vicissitude,what make is an "mx8" and what are the advantages over the other one you have?
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member

i dont know what you are talking about.
  12. I think the mx-3 is good enough, why would you want to upgrade if the mx-3 is doing the job..................
  13. Nitram68

Nitram68 Member

Tim,on page 1 of this topic your post dated 15 Feb.-04 14:32:42 said that you used AM pistol -range as far as the human eye could see,glitch free. Then you happened to change your mind with your post on(page 2) 25 Feb.-04 23:20:33 "Yea FM is better." this is all in reply to your last post on 28 Feb.-04 00:40:56 Re-thought--. Like I said,glad you had rethought things.:D
  14. alisar70

alisar70 Member

the 1 that has the whell on the side is the 1 i like most
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.