Vote for May addition to The Academy

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I would like to announce the first monthly nominations for The Academy. The thread with the most votes by May 16 will be moved by Shamus, and the honour will go to the originator of the "How-To". There are no prizes, other than the recognition from fellow Gaugers that "you done good"!

The nominees are:

Tyson Rayles' Signs painted on brick walls

Charlie's Altering a Kit to fit a space

Matthyro's Scratchbuilding N gauge people

Shamus' Make a Climax body

If you have any nominations for future inclusion, please PM me!

Andrew

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
If it's good enough to be nominated, it's good enough to be added. I'd vote for all of the above if that was an option, but since it's not, I'll abstain.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Hi Bill,

Thanks for your comment.

This is intended just as a way to keep things moving into The Academy. I had posted a number of links that I thought were very helpful (at least to me...) and to my surprise Shamus moved them all. But that was the first time in quite a while that anything was added.

So I thought, how can we make this a regular event? And this is what I came up with. I think that they are all worthy as well. If we keep at it on a regular basis, all of these (and many more) will get added.

It is also a way to recognize the efforts of the skilled people here who help newcomers such as myself. Modelling and showing a finished result is valuable, but taking additional time to show others how it is done is a great help too, and requires more work and thought on how to best explain things.

This is sort of on the same level as the photo competition. They are lots of great entries, and all involved a lot of work, but we vote for a winner. That person simply receives recognition for their work by fellow modellers who appreciate the effort that was made.

Andrew

Mike R

Jan 18, 2002
Meaford Ontario Canada
Visit site
I'm hereby voting for a ''write-in'' candidate, the advice thread to Spitfire on ''How to Attach Homasote''.

Of course, if I'd been around in Noah's time, those Pushme-Pullyou critters would have been on that Ark !

ONLY KIDDING, FOLKS...;)
regards / Mike

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Hi all;
Well, I'M not kidding. I'd 'uv brought the push-me-pull-yous on board, as well as the unicorns!

And while we're at it, how about the these "no-see-ums" we've got down here in the south? How'd they get on board? Stow-a-ways? BLAST!

Now to vote,

"the best of the best of the best, ... Sir!" MIB

Ted

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Tyson takes May!

Congratulations Tyson - you're off to The Academy!

Shamus, would you please move the thread?

Everyone else - what do you think? We had 210+ views, and 21 votes (Tyson took 11/21). A 10% return rate is not bad, assuming every view is a unique user. Is this a good way to keep stuff flowing to The Academy?

Thanks for your input!

Andrew

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
I have asked Dave to do it. Congrats Tyson

shamus
waver.gif