Vor'Cha Class Battlecruiser!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
As promised my next build is D-Whale's 1:1700 Vor'cha. Going from no intructions on the Ent-B to excellent instructions here, nice change :D .
Anyway with my raptor and Bop, This ship and my upcoming 1:1700 build of Marc Robitaille's K'Tinga Class and probably Shiftdel's bloodwing will complete the klingon portion of my fleet (at least until someone comes up with a detailed Negh'Var HINT HINT).

DSCN0187.jpg

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
Going from no intructions on the Ent-B to excellent instructions here, nice change

everytime it is better to have good instructions:wink:

just a question: Why don´t you build the model without edge coloring:confused:

Marko

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
I meant, why you don´t color the lips, where you have cutted the paper, with a pen or something else!
I thought "edge coloring" is the right word!?

C

cmags

Yes D-Whale, "edge coloring" is the right phrase in English. And yes SW, coloring as you go is best - especially depending on what you're using to color with. I use a good set of soft colored pencils (finally a use for my artists pencils that I haven't used since before high school lol). But if I get glue on the edge before coloring, the pencil won't mark it anymore so definitely color first. One of the easiest things you can do to really get that next level of detail.

The Vor'cha is smaller than I thought it would be. I thought it was on par with the Ent - D. Must be another one of those ships in ST that has a different size in each shot on screen. ;) Looking good though!

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
The Vor'cha is smaller than I thought it would be. I thought it was on par with the Ent - D. Must be another one of those ships in ST that has a different size in each shot on screen. ;) Looking good though!

The Negh'Var is the one thats comparable in size with the Ent-D, actually its a little longer at 682m, official measurement for the Vor'Cha is 481m

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
Okay, that problem with the size of the Vor´cha is a little bit tricky!
the model is 3 or 4 years old! at this time was the official lenght something approx. 380 meters! then the official lenght was changed to 481 meterswall1wall1wall1
the model has a lenght with the Disruptor modul of approx 22cm! If i take these lenght th scale is ~1:2186! if you want to build it in (the right) 1:1700 scale, the model need a lenght of 28,3 cm! that mean, that you must build it approx 128% bigger! Or you don´t care about that stupid problem, and build it how it is!!!
The same problem is with the Galor/Keldon class!!!

:wave:Marko

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
Well I finished it but my camera battery is dead. Running through $10 batteries is getting old so I ordered rechargeables should have them early next week.

C

cmags

This is why all of my cameras use Li-ion batteries. ;) I can usually find them for $5 - $10 each on ebay and keep one charged. Usually get a couple hundred shots out of each charge, and the battery lasts about as many charges until it stops holding one.

We will all be awaiting your shipment as eagerly as you. sign1

Status
Not open for further replies.