Von Braun 1956 Mars Mission

Bhelliom

Jun 20, 2009
Parma Center NY
A very interesting site, Hawk, I've never seen it before. Thanks! In the Mars Orbit Rendezvous still, it looks like they used the Lander from the '56 mission, and the Passenger Ships from the '52 version. Too bad it looks like the film might not be finished, I'd love to see the whole thing.

Glad you like my version!

Scott K.

Bhelliom

Jun 20, 2009
Parma Center NY
The Passenger Ship is finally "done". Since I've had so little actual building time lately, I "cheated", and used wooden beads and fake pearls for the smallest tanks. There is one of my paper version on the model, and I think I might actually prefer it. I turned the model over in one picture so it would be visible. The perfectly round ones might look better to me once I get some paint on them. For now, I just wanted to get it mostly done. The stand will get some tweaking and color, before the final release.

Scott K.

Attachments

• mps1.jpg
    mps1.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 86
  • mps2.jpg
    mps2.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 83
  • mps3.jpg
    mps3.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 36
  • mps4.jpg
    mps4.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 66

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
This is looking good I can not wait to see this finished!! wings and all :thumb:

Me too, this is a real beauty. It is also of what I dreamed space travel would be when I was very young. :)

Draegor

Jun 26, 2013
Since joining I have mostly been reading some of the older posts but when I saw your model I simply had to come out and add my congratulations. It is like seeing the old Colliers space art come to life. Truly a pleasure to see. Will the final model be black and white to allow for alternate versions or colored ?

Bhelliom

Jun 20, 2009
Parma Center NY
Since joining I have mostly been reading some of the older posts but when I saw your model I simply had to come out and add my congratulations. It is like seeing the old Colliers space art come to life. Truly a pleasure to see. Will the final model be black and white to allow for alternate versions or colored ?

Thanks, all. I'm glad you like it.

I can release the model both ways, if desired. I think it would look best printed on metallic paper, if any can still be found. As it is now, it has minimal coloring, just some "metallic" shading, with faded yellow on the side tanks.

The Lander will be a bit more colorful, with vari-coloured panels on the wings, and blue leading edges and flaps. I've been working on that lately, but don't have any paper cut to show for it yet.

Scott K.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
That sounds great! I've been following this thread from the start and have to say that you have done a remarkable job.