Voltes V

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Getter1, May 14, 2008.

1. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

One more shot since I can only have 6 per post :p

Attached Files:

2. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

FINALLY!!! A Voltes V Card Model!!! bounce7

You're doing more justice to Voltes Fans here than you might think!

BTW, do you still plan yours to have the volt-in capability? :-D
  3. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hans Christian,

Indeed I do plan on a Volt In version after I get the basic model done :D

4. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Dang! Impressive work there, what program did you say you used again?
  5. Hans Christian

I'd say it again, many thanks for making this sir! Voltes V has a special niche in the history of our country...

a little bit of history about the link of Voltes V and the Philippines

This anime series was first aired in the Philippines during the 1970s (that's what I remember) during the reign of the marcos regime. And (former) president ferdinand marcos ordered that the series should be pulled off from the air because it teaches ideas of rebellion...

well, he should be paranoid about this, because, history tells us Pinoys that he stole a big sum of loot from public funds, and for his long rule, he became a tyrant... and I believe he is... just like the boazanian aristocrats who were the main enemy in the anime series...
  6. eric_son

eric_son Member

Yeah, I remember that. And soon after all the robot related anime were pulled out, they were replaced by cutesy-wootsey drama anime like "paul in fantasy land" and "candy-candy". :curse:

Anyway, looking great G1!

...now the ending song is starting to sing endlessly in my head...i'm going crazy! ...
  7. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hans Christian, Eric Son,

I read in a magazine article about the old 70s Super Robots and in the section about Voltes V it mentioned that very fact. It also went on to say they "offical" reason was they were afraid that childern would begin to worship robots. The real reason is most likely the one you have mentioned about rebeling agianst the tyrants.

I worked with a gentelman from your country for many years who told me of the state of things while Marcos was in power. I can't imagine what it was like for your people :(

I hope my model does you proud :D

8. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Soaring I used a program called Shiryu (Dragon). It was developed to teach children 3D modeling. It is a super easy and fun program bu tit has many limitations. I would link you to the site but it appears the company may have gone under :( It's a shame because I was looking forward to checking out the upcoming Shiryu 2.

Well all that I've learned from Shiryu I thought picking up another 3D program would be easy (like META), but META and other programs have nothing in common with Shiryu so I ahve no clue what I'm doing in the more advanced programs. I do want to learn but lack both time and initive to do so :p

9. Hans Christian

I was not yet born during the marcos regime, but I became aware of the events about it at a very early age since my childhood years was spent on the aftermath of the regime...

But it was a good thing I never get to experience what its like during that time, my parents said that it was like living in a very big prison cell...

All of us here can't thank you enough for making this one finally online... All Voltes V merchandise here are considered antiques, and buying one means spending a fortune, unless that one is a die-hard Voltes fan...

I'll certainly build this one for our upcoming nationals and the 40th anniversary of IPMS Phil. BAC in November :-D
  10. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello All,

Well after redesigning the feet 3 times I'm finally happy with the basic shape, so I was able ot develop the details today :D (I'm in no hurry to get the other foot done :p ). I had to post-cut the openings for the thruster and wheel boxes making their instalation a tad sloppy :p

I'm looking forward to building the arms. They are pretty straight forward :p

In the pics you will see the basic foot which is as much as I can do in Shiryu. All the other details I did by hand, and yes the wheel fairing was a pain. It took 4 attempts to get it right :p Also note the wheels are in a retracted position for robot mode.

Believe it or not the feet modules have the most complex transformation gear and will be the most difficult to enginer the transformation for.

Sorry for the bad photos. I couldn't shoot outside due to the weather :(

Attached Files:

11. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Here's a shot of the build so far next to my Soul Of Chogokin. I didn't plan the sizes to be so close, it just came out that way :p

Attached Files:

12. eric_son

eric_son Member

Looking great!
  13. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Put some ink over that white model, add some glossy finish, and noone would tell the difference! The matching scale makes it even more difficult when guessing...In other words, you did a great job!
  14. Hans Christian

He's standing tall now!!! :-D
  15. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

I got an arm built in the few precious minutes I had left this evening :p (went to see Iron Man at the theater :D :D :D ). Sorry I didn't have a chance to shoot a pic yet but will have update pics tomorrow as it's my early day at work :D

16. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hey buddy! I missed this one some how. This has sure come a long way since the pic you sent me a few weeks ago!

Well done Getter! :D It looks great.
  17. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Evening everybody,

Well I got nothing done yesterday so I played catch up today :p

I got both arms done. Finished up the other foot, which went a lot smoother this time round :p Then I added a lot of details here and there. Some of the details are just drawn on ATM but the final model will have them as parts instead. For instance the block above the ankle is supposed to be inset so I will make a box to build and insert there. I could have done it to this prototype but it's a pain to do post cutting for boxes and installing them well :p

I'm still pleased with how it's turning out :D I'm now down to just a few parts for the basic version of the robot. Soon I'll be doing the components :D

Enjoy the update pics :D

Attached Files:

18. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Of course pic #7 :p

Attached Files:

19. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Walkin' tall! :thumb:

It's coming along nicely.

20. Hans Christian