Vita Nanoha from "Magical girl Lyrical Nanoha"

eatcrow2

Apr 20, 2004
Santa Monica, Calif.
http://mizuirogakuen.hp.infoseek.co....vita/vita.html(Edit Album Intro Page)

For something different, I decided I wanted to see what one of these figures looked like if built, and then repainted in acrylics. One of those weird ideas you get when working on something else that has no relation to this..;-)

What the figure is suppose to look like if done from the printout.
241424315.jpg

Picture off the web that I'll use as a rough painting guide, because I like the look..;-)
241424070.jpg

So starting from the bottom up.. here are the boots unpainted.
241424402.jpg

painted..
241424427.jpg

eatcrow2

Apr 20, 2004
Santa Monica, Calif.
rockpaperscissor said:
Looks pretty good, Peter. Are you applying a gloss coat after painting, or using gloss acrylics? The face should be challenging. Looking forward to seeing more.
Regards,
Don

Thanks Don... Well it is different..;-) I'm using mostly "Liquitex" acrylics that I've had lying about for ages straight from the bottle.. I've got an oil flesh color that I'll use for the skin.. It's just an "off the top of my nugget" experiment, and I'm kinda winging it.

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
--I like the realistic looks of it!! And I'm sure the result will be great. Nice idea on the paint.

eatcrow2

Apr 20, 2004
Santa Monica, Calif.
She's got legs...

She's got legs, and knows how to use them!!! (now I'll be having the ZZ Top song going through my head the rest of the day)..;-)

Vita says to tell you all thank you for the comments...

Well I finished the legs.. Painted with flesh colored oil paint, with white painted undergarments, with scratch built blue thread ties on the side to hold them together..

I should probably try out for that "Fashion Designer" TV show...;-)

unpainted legs..
241615796.jpg

Painted legs in the boots for a test fit..
241615843.jpg

eatcrow2

Apr 20, 2004
Santa Monica, Calif.
bottom of dress

LovelyLeopardess said:
Looking wonderful! Wouldnt have thought to repaint in acrylics to bring out the bright brilliant colors more

Thank you Leopardess... Sort of nice doing something without any expectations of what it will look like..

Have painted and added the bottom part of her outfit. Crimson...Red... Blue/Grey aryclics (this thing is bright).. I punched out a bunch of small circles.. stuck them on a piece of tape, and painted them silver. When dry they were added to the dress for more of a 3-D look..

241726235.jpg

241726348.jpg

eatcrow2

Apr 20, 2004
Santa Monica, Calif.
upper torso

Added the upper torso, plus gave an overall spray of "flat" to tone down the glossyness of the figure.. If I do another one like this, I think I would do it with muted colors. A lot easier for me to control the tones I want with "Future" as I build.

torso unpainted..
244503364.jpg

painted and added to the rest of the figure..
244503528.jpg

paperbeam

Dec 16, 2006
Vancouver
That Looks Great!

100% improvement on the original printout.

I understand some European paper/card modelers paint their paper models as well and the results certainly look impressive.:twisted:

Terry

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
I'm sure a clear gloss coat would help, great work!

--I just wonder if the clothes are supposed to be glossy after all.

C

cgutzmer

Makes it look silky to me :) very nice work on this! I wonder how I managed to miss it before. Glad I found it now!
Chris

eatcrow2

Apr 20, 2004
Santa Monica, Calif.
Amazyah said:
Looks great, Peter! The acrylics really bring it to life!

You're going to have to find some glass to put over this beauty, to keep the dust off of her. Any plans for a cover?

Russell

Thank you Russell and everyone else for the comments.. If I finish this, I will more than likely end up giving it away. Started this as more of a "what if" project, just to see what kind of results I would get from painting over the printed piece.

eatcrow2

Apr 20, 2004
Santa Monica, Calif.
Graf Eisen

Vita's power weapon.....

Was not the easiest thing to build because of the number of pieces, and the way they're put together. For strength I built the whole thing around a core using a bamboo skewer. When dry, painted with acrylics. Red with a touch of gold added, and a mixture of 1/2 grey.. 1/2 silver for the rest.

247042986.jpg

eatcrow2

Apr 20, 2004
Santa Monica, Calif.
Graf Eisen

Vita's power weapon.....

Was not the easiest thing to build because of the number of pieces, and the way they're put together. For strength I built the whole thing around a core using a bamboo skewer. When dry, painted with acrylics. Red with a touch of gold added, and a mixture of 1/2 grey.. 1/2 silver for the rest.

247042986.jpg