Visit to Tank Museum at Bovington, Dorset, UK

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by wunwinglow, Oct 4, 2004.

1. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Hi team,

I am visiting the Tank Museum at Bovington on Wednesday, weather allowing. If there is anything there that anyone wants pics of, let me know and I'll do my best, memory stick capacity provided! Check out their website, .

I'm looking at 79th Armoured Division vehicles for my landing craft, by the way.

Tim P
  2. Tim at the Starship Modeler site there is a thread going of on individuals visit to the Patton Armor Museum at Fort Knox. He got to tour the back rooms and quite literally climb on and into every thing he wanted. Everything from early Renaults to even the prototype MBTs the US Army tested in the '60s and "70s. Plus Russian, British, German what ever. IIRC it was in the Thunderdome forum but you do have to be a regsitered member to visit the "dome.
  3. pashlispaht

pashlispaht Member

I would appreciate it if you could get some pictures of their T-72 with very close up views of the tread and suspension. It seems kind of dificult to find good pictures of these elements.... Thanks
  4. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

First I am envious Bovington is second on my list of must see AFV museums. If they have any information on the solution B commanders IR gear for the Panther I would like a photo or 2 better make that 30.

If they run the Tiger I would love to hear the sound of the engine but that’s not a photo.

5. charliec

charliec Active Member

My reaction is the same as Spike Milligan's character in "Life of Brian".
    ( You lucky, lucky ..... - for the culturally challenged )

Bovington is reputed to have a Sentinel in good condition - a couple of shots of the suspension would be appreciated.

6. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Let me know if the downloads are too big!

And remember, I will not need much persuasion for a second (OK, 23rd...) visit for more! I didn't get to see their Churchill AVRE, so I;ll be off to Dorset again very soon.

Tim P
  7. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Tim

Great photos they will help a lot with adding detail to these models.

Thanks and look forward to more soon :roll:

8. silverw

silverw Member

Fantastic photography, Tim. :D