Visit to Harper's Ferry, WV

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
My wife and I (and two cats) are planning to visit her nephew in Harper's Ferry over the American Thanksgiving.
Any suggestions for places to visit? We may travel as far afield as Philadephia (Longwood Gardens).
Thanks.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Longwood gardens is 45 minutes from me - But it's 1/2 hour From The RR Museum of PA, The Toy train Museum & the Strasburg Railroad....all within 10 minutes of each other.

Let me know - I'll try to meet you somewhere along your Travels in PA!!!! :)

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Thanks, Mikey and Ray.
I've been to most of those places. My wife's ancestors came from the Lancaster, Pa. area and we've been there quite a few times. We may have my sister-in-law and her son along on the trip to Longwood and they're not railfans.
We have to go through New York and Pennsylvania in a hurry -- there don't seem to be any open camp grounds north of the Mason-Dixon line!

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
60103 said:
Thanks, Mikey and Ray.
I've been to most of those places. My wife's ancestors came from the Lancaster, Pa. area and we've been there quite a few times. We may have my sister-in-law and her son along on the trip to Longwood and they're not railfans.
We have to go through New York and Pennsylvania in a hurry -- there don't seem to be any open camp grounds north of the Mason-Dixon line!

Nope - you wont find hardly any at all - They all close from Oct 31 - to March 31 :( :(

:) :) Welcome to Winter in Pennsylvania... Now Go Home! :D :D :D