Vintage Slot Car Track?

Discussion in 'Slot Racing & Clubs' started by sunsetts00, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunsetts00

sunsetts00 New Member

Does anyone know what is the best way to clean rust, and

grime from vintage slot car track and not damage the track?

Thank you , God bless.
  2. huntnyou

huntnyou New Member

try 0000 steel wool to get it off the rails/runners on the track. just don't push too hard or rub too long in one spot.don't use solvents of any kind ! It can have a bad Chemical reaction with the main body of the track !
  3. RikWood

RikWood New Member

Its a long time ago now, but i use to use an ink pen eraser. (In the UK they were refered to as indian ink [rubbers] erasers). Unlike the ones for pencil, the ink erasers were slightly abrasive and ideal for removing light deposits and rust from from the rails. They could be used in a much more precise way than wire wool avoiding any damage to the rest of the track, but they are not as abrasive and will not be as effective on badly rusted track. I am not even sure if you can buy ink erasers any more, if not I am sure that that cleaning blocks of a similar material are available from model railroad suppilers as they also use them for rail cleaning.
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

NO No no!! Do not reply to 5 year old dead threads. Please read the forum rules. You must stay in active threads.!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.