video

Hello All,

I see this forum covers video topics but I can't seem to find any. I had great fun browsing through a lot of the topics but nothing about using video cameras or train cams. Do we not use them or do we not talk about it. I realise that these pictures run into gigabytes quite quickly which should scare away dial-up users big time.

How about tape exchange. Of course I say this but have a rather large box of tapes that have huge parts of nothing going on that desperately needs editing and so no tapes worth exchanging, but I am willing to spend some time with them if I could get to see other peoples tapes.

I can't view or make little wmv files and so I only have enormous mpg thingys which raises the price of admission considerably. Dial-ups cannot afford these and even you low pingers may feel cheated. They are made with X10 surveillance cameras so the low quality originals captured with all their fuzzy detail are here for your disappointment.
50 megs of download waiting will show you what happened when

Auggie division gets a new Shay

but if you are not that interested in the slow grind of clanking geared steam engines you can pick up the pace after a yawning 35 meg download and go

Highballin' with a CP triple header

click on the above links at your peril!

This is amazing! Had no trouble - just clicked on the link and it played. Wonderful image quality. Loved the trackside T-Rex at the end, but didn't realize they had fur:D . Good thing it didn't pounce on the loco, but that would have been a cool image from inside the cab.

This is a whole new dimension in photography and internet image exchange. Would like to see more of these. Thanks.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by zeeglen
This is amazing! Had no trouble - just clicked on the link and it played. Wonderful image quality. Loved the trackside T-Rex at the end, but didn't realize they had fur:D . Good thing it didn't pounce on the loco, but that would have been a cool image from inside the cab.

This is a whole new dimension in photography and internet image exchange. Would like to see more of these. Thanks.

.... and it's a lot clearer than it used to be :)

Fortunatly, he's afraid of the trains... but he likes to watch them run, from a safe distance.. Thanks!!

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net

.... and it's a lot clearer than it used to be :)

Fortunatly, he's afraid of the trains... but he likes to watch them run, from a safe distance.. Thanks!!

Originally posted by N Gauger

Remember the 'Cat's on the layout' discussion a few months back? Nice to know there is a cat out there that likes model railroading and is smart enough to realize that the trains are not edible.

BTW, a little bit of plain black pepper sprinked into the bushes did the trick for us - Abby no longer jumps onto the layout and stomps the trees.

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net

Remember the 'Cat's on the layout' discussion a few months back? Nice to know there is a cat out there that likes model railroading and is smart enough to realize that the trains are not edible.

BTW, a little bit of plain black pepper sprinked into the bushes did the trick for us - Abby no longer jumps onto the layout and stomps the trees.

Yeah, I remember both topics came up.. As long as he's not destroying anythig, I'm ok with it.. If this was N Gauge, I would be worried :)

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by davidstrains
ngauger

Great video. what are you using as the camera element and where did you place it in/on your loco?

:thumb: :thumb:

It's a Sony CD Mavica 400 Digi Cam. It takes still pics & up to 25 Mimutes of digital Video. I placed it with double sided tape on a flatcar & "Pushed it" around the layout. I waited for the camera to be viewing the switches as I threw them too. :)

I also made sure that the Gauge Crate was visible somewhere as well as the supports for the trestle bridge I'm building. :D

After I build some more supports or scenery, I'm going to do it again. :thumb: :D :thumb: