Video Posting Forum is Open

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by N Gauger, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Will be looking forward to see what you have to bring to the gallery.:wave: :wave:
  2. ReefBlueCoupe

ReefBlueCoupe Member

There are a few pics of the layout in this thread:

I'll be going to run my new loco since I don't have a layout yet.
  3. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Pictures in that thread.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Cool!!! Remember there is a 2 Meg limit on file size :) Also - this is a "animation Forum" too - if yo se anything moving - put it here too :)

~~ Thanks!!
  5. ReefBlueCoupe

ReefBlueCoupe Member

Yeap, as I said I plan on taking videos, mainly just to post here :D
  6. Marxed

Marxed Member

i just got a 1gig card in my camera and can record over an hour of video, anyone up to hosting a feature length train video? :D

or anyone up to hosting a 4gig video from my dvd camera? :D

i'm going to try and record afew more vids tonight with the digital camera announce1

7. ReefBlueCoupe

ReefBlueCoupe Member

Try if you have some large videos. You can use Windows Movie Maker to size them down a bit (comes with Windows XP).
  8. 77railer

77railer Member

9. Marxed

Marxed Member

awsome, i remember thomas when they came out, we got a bunch of little trains around here somewhere, i never knew they made ones that ran in that scale!

i posted a video from the front of a mono-rail train in disney, from in the driver's cabin... the video isnt among the best i took, i gotta resize them... i have premiere and a handful of other good video programs, but they are all on my work computer, and i'm too lazy to transfer them over to resize :D
  10. N Gauger

That's great!! :) :)
  11. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Just did my first video clip.

It's a bit "dumbed down" to meet size, resolution and download requirments etc, but see what youse reckon.

My Australian National Budd Railcar (circa 1970) leaves the workshop for the first time after a refit.

I'll put a better resolution one, and a few others up on the net to download too.

Watch this space for a link. :)
  12. N Gauger

Cool!!!! that's a nice one :)
  13. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Here we go. :D

Better resolution and length etc:

movie 1 2.5 MEG

and anothery. :) (different movie)

movie 2 3.66 MEG

They were both done with a little mini-cam (sugar cube sized wireless one) into a receiver, into the video-in plug of a video capture card on the pooter. Then rendered for internet use or download.

The cam will be mobile (in a loco) when I can get to the shops and get a couple of spare 9 volt batteries for it). :):) Currently its running off a mains power adapter.