Video Clips

lassenlogger

Nov 24, 2003
Reno, NV
home.att.net
For those that may be interested, I've posted 3 video clips of steam logging during the 1920. They are posted on TrainOrders.com's web site.

Although this is a fee site, for right now non-members can view the clips. TO's link is: http://www.trainorders.com/

After the main page loads scoll down the page, looking for "Audio/Video Sharing Area" link, click on it. After that page loads select the steam logging links. They are titled; "Rail Landing - McGiffert," "FGS Log Train" or "Clyde Tracklayer."

The Mpeg files are large, so a cable or DSL modem is needed.

Jimmy "B"
Reno, NV

lassenlogger

Nov 24, 2003
Reno, NV
home.att.net
Two More Clips Added

For those that are interested, I've uploaded two more clips to the TO site mentioned in the first posting to this thread.

The first clip from the mid 1920s features a rail landing that shows the action of Cat 60s skidding logs to the landing.

The second clip from the late 1940s features a truck-rail reload with a McGiffert Jammer loading logs and all the action associated with this endeavor.

Jimmy "B"
Reno, NV

lassenlogger

Nov 24, 2003
Reno, NV
home.att.net
jon-monon and camelot,

Thanks, I've been told by the TO owner, that he will keep the "Audio/Video" sharing area open to outsiders until summer. Can I post other clips that will help folks understand lumbering?

Like log dumps, jack slips, log cut-off saws, log decks, head saws and such?

Jimmy "B"
Reno, NV