video camera's on CP's yard loco's

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by SD90, Jul 28, 2003.

1. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Any ideas on how to kitbash this in Nscale?! For the wiring, small brass wire but what about the camera? Or would you even see it?!

Attached Files:

2. belg

belg Member

I would think that it would just about visible a real small piece of sqaure styrene filed to an angle in the front and then mounted at an angle would simulate it nicely I think. Maybe a real small bead for the lens.
  3. nscalesteve

nscalesteve Member

what is this videocamera for ? safety reason ? remote controlled engine ? why on the roof and not in the cab ? questions, questions, questions... :D :D
  4. davidmbedard

davidmbedard Member

Mike, are you KITBASHING NOW? Holy CR@%. Mike is no longer a shake and bake railroader.

Nscalesteve......WHERE ARE THE REDBARNS????? I am so eager to see them. Best of luck. I once built one from styrene in HO but it took a dive :(.

Mike I would love to see 5 or so of the gp9u's on what wonderful layout of yours! How long until we get to see them?

5. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Mike, you could do it with an optivisor which is a great tool for doing tiny work like this.
    I like belg's suggestion. It will hardly be visible but you will know it's there.
  6. nscalesteve

nscalesteve Member

...where are the Miniatures by Eric part numbers ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

here the first test on a Kato SD40-2 drive (I used also the Atlas steps on the back for this engine...) the engine is still a littlebit to high and I have to file down the drive for 2mm.
    the second engine is still in parts on my workbench...
    btw: how have you made the steps in the tank on the other side ?

7. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Nope David, no longer! I went to Home deopt tonight, and almost bought an air compressor! $159 for a 100psi, with a 2 gal tank on it. Very tempting!
  8. davidmbedard

davidmbedard Member

nscalesteve. I just filed the tank and made a 'sqare notch', and used styrene to make steps. CA holds it together.

I also realized that I have taken NO photos of the right side of my loco, so this is for you steve.

9. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Your location says Alberta, and I assume that if you have a Home Depot nearby, you might also have a Canadian Tire (do you have those out west?).

Anyway, this might be interesting:

10. nscalesteve

nscalesteve Member

...thank you. unfortunately all I see are only two X
  11. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Thanks Andrew, I just called the Canadian Tire down the street, they don't have any in stock, but they are getting more in on Tuesday. I'll get on of them instead! Thanks again!