video camera's on CP's yard loco's

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Any ideas on how to kitbash this in Nscale?! For the wiring, small brass wire but what about the camera? Or would you even see it?!

Attachments

• cp,8217.jpg
    cp,8217.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 226

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
I would think that it would just about visible a real small piece of sqaure styrene filed to an angle in the front and then mounted at an angle would simulate it nicely I think. Maybe a real small bead for the lens.

davidmbedard

May 19, 2003
Calgary, Canada
www.davidbedard.com
WHAT!?!?!?!

Mike, are you KITBASHING NOW? Holy CR@%. Mike is no longer a shake and bake railroader.

Nscalesteve......WHERE ARE THE REDBARNS????? I am so eager to see them. Best of luck. I once built one from styrene in HO but it took a dive :(.

Mike I would love to see 5 or so of the gp9u's on what wonderful layout of yours! How long until we get to see them?

Cheers

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Mike, you could do it with an optivisor which is a great tool for doing tiny work like this.
I like belg's suggestion. It will hardly be visible but you will know it's there.

nscalesteve

Apr 27, 2003
New Zealand
www.nscalecorner.com
Originally posted by davidmbedard
Nscalesteve......WHERE ARE THE REDBARNS?????
...where are the Miniatures by Eric part numbers ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

here the first test on a Kato SD40-2 drive (I used also the Atlas steps on the back for this engine...) the engine is still a littlebit to high and I have to file down the drive for 2mm.
the second engine is still in parts on my workbench...
btw: how have you made the steps in the tank on the other side ?

first_test1.jpg

first_test2.jpg

first_test3.jpg

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Nope David, no longer! I went to Home deopt tonight, and almost bought an air compressor! $159 for a 100psi, with a 2 gal tank on it. Very tempting!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Originally posted by MasonJar

Your location says Alberta, and I assume that if you have a Home Depot nearby, you might also have a Canadian Tire (do you have those out west?).

Anyway, this might be interesting: http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortme...348027&bmUID=1059583937589&assortment=primary

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, I just called the Canadian Tire down the street, they don't have any in stock, but they are getting more in on Tuesday. I'll get on of them instead! Thanks again!

Mike.