Victoria BC

Steam Donkey

Jul 9, 2002
Maple Ridge, BC
Visit site
Hi Mike,

There was a pretty good store called Pacific Scale Rail in Victoria, but I think they may be gone now. :cry:

But all is not lost, if you can find your way to the Empress Hotel (an old CP hotel) at the waterfront, you'll find a place called Miniature World. It's a wonderful world full of choice dioramas of all types: outer space, military, dollhouses...and.......a pretty nice model railroad! It's an HO scale layout running from the Canadian Maritimes through all provinces to the west coast. The web site does not do the place justice. If you're in Victoria, it's a must see! :thumb:
http://www.miniatureworld.com/

Stan

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
Originally posted by Steam Donkey
Hi Mike,

There was a pretty good store called Pacific Scale Rail in Victoria, but I think they may be gone now. :cry:

Now Called Victoria Scale Rail, I bought the store a year and a half ago:D .
My staff and myself are all model railway types and we all talk trians here, so, come on in
:) .
Cheers!

Terry

Bill Stone

Apr 20, 2001
San Dimas, California, USA
Visit site
I'll second Steam Donkey's advice on Miniature World. I was afraid it was going to be "something for the kiddies" but it turned out to have some excellent dioramas --- and a terrific, fairly large scale, model of a sawmill.

And I must say that I think Victoria is one of the really great smaller cities on the planet.

Your wife could drag you to whole lot worse places than Victoria, believe me.

BillS