Vic

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
In my first post on here. We talked for a moment about the TVRM.
It sorta inspired me to drive over and see what was going on.

#630 appears to be in pieces. I saw the tender and cab, the cab is sitting by the turntable.

#4501 also appears to be down right now.

They are using #610 a 2-8-0 for the daily trips.

When i got there (at the shop end) they were getting #610 warmed up for the first run of the day. got to watch them putting coal on.

I thought While i was here i might as well ride , price, 11.50 I had ten bucks on me. :(
It would have been great though 'cause i would have been the only customer on the first leg, might of even let me ride in the cab.

t.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi T, and thanks for the update on TVRM.

Seems that the fare has gone up a bit since I was last there.:( :p Sorry that you didn't get to ride:( But since the train runs right by your house you can "grease the rails" one day to get even:D :D :D

A few months ago I sold on E-Bay a Central of Georgia watch certification card to a guy who works at TVRM. I've tried to find his name again to see if you know him but I must have already deleted that transaction.

Again thanks for the update:) and keep in touch.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Mike, It's the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum and its located just down the tracks from T's house!!! The tracks run in front of his home....steam engines on the hour!!! What a lucky guy!!!:D :D :D :D

Its just outside of Chattanooga, TN......The NMRA headquarters is there too. :) It is really worth a visit!!!:)

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Vic & Mike
I'm actually about fifteen miles south of the museum. They come by here on the scheduled weekend excursions.

Mike, The TVRM has two stations, Grand juction and what i call the shop end. It is a "living" museum which means they are working and working on the equipment all the time.

there is no fee to explore the exibits at Grand Juction, but the shop end wants you to purchase a ticket to wonder around there. Well worth it though. There is a mixture of steam, and early deisel and rollingstock ranging from restored working condition to basket cases.

A big pluse as Vic mentioned is the NMRA headquarters is right there too.

t.