VIA Rail reveals new passenger train

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by eburchell, Sep 12, 2007.

1. eburchell

eburchell New Member

Exclusive only through the rights of my camera have these photos ever been revealed. Seems like VIA Rail has secretly been turning back time in it's Montreal offices, and for the first time publicly displaying it's newest passenger train.
    This new passenger train can hit speeds of just over 10 mph and round trip from London to Toronto takes approximately 6 days. Sources close to VIA say that no longer do passenger trains need rails to run from city to city, sidewalks and the shoulder of the highway is all you need. It's also cheaper and better for the environment, making VIA the leader in "going green" in Canada.

I hope you all get a laugh out of it as much as I laughed when I first saw it. Took the family to the Western Fair here in London today, but rain almost ruined the outing. Take care and stay on the rails....LOL...or sidewalk, whichever you prefer.

2. train1

train1 Member

All right ! - Can't wait until KATO releases this in N Scale.
  3. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Is that 10mph up hill or down hill?? :mrgreen:
  4. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

That's great! I am pretty sure that VIA was not aiming for your interpretation of this publicity, but it made me laugh!

5. railohio

railohio Active Member

I never thought I'd say this, but where's the bus station?
  6. eburchell

eburchell New Member

Quite sure that's downhill, although Ontario is pretty flat anyways. I did, however, see someone trying to steal it though, guess that engineer was caught up in the fair itself and left the loco running. Took security almost 15 seconds to catch the perpetrator and never even broke a sweat doing it.
  7. train1

train1 Member

Probably an angry modeller (READ "rivet counter") claiming the side pistons were 6 inches too long and the paint was a shade off - ultimately delaying model production for a another year and a half. Arrrgh !
  8. myltlpny

myltlpny Member

I need to get one of those. It would make doing my lawn so much more fun.sign1
  9. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

hmm,new modeling project lawnmower could use a tune up...sign1sign1sign1.great pics eburchell!--josh
  10. TA462

TA462 New Member

For some strange reason I want one.sign1