VGN135?

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Virginian, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Virginian

Virginian Member

All right! [​IMG] Of course, this is the N&W J class #611 sitting at my Hometown station...I think probably during an excursion in the late 80's.
    Thanks to Virginia Museum of Transportation... they have a good web site, as does the Norfolk and Western Historical Society re: pictures. Thanks all for your help and for your supportive comments [​IMG] [​IMG]

OK, Dave and shamus, looks like I'll have to get in touch with trainorders.com. I did exactly as you directed, shamus, and a 'red x'box shows up. For some reason, 'my' site at trainorders is not accessable here.The url on 'my site' reads in the order as originally posted... last night,I copied and pasted it directly from the web page.So, this morning, I did as you said and made it ..//members....now ,well you can see. Might just be a temp. problem with trainorders.com. I'll try find out Monday and then try again. [​IMG] Thanks for your help.
    VGN

[This message has been edited by Virginian (edited 03-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by shamus (edited 03-18-2001).]

2. Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan Member

Hi VGN, If you like,you can test post simply by replying to your own topic instead of creating new topics.

Dave Hagan
    The Gauge
  3. Virginian

Virginian Member

[​IMG]
    Do'nt know exactly "wha hoppen'??, but thanks for the edit..I will follow the url formula as I see it on the edit field for this photo. Many, many thanks, Dave and shamus... and Pierce and 'Voice' and all of you who are so patient with my learning curve!!
    VGN
    [This message has been edited by Dave Hagan (edited 03-18-2001).]

4. Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan Member

VGN, the name of the photo must always be included in your URL to the photo. Are you sure your photos are either .jpg or .gif ?. You can't display bitmaps(.bmp)

Dave Hagan
    The Gauge
  5. Shay2

Shay2 Member

Virginian..
    I've experienced the same result when using trainorders.com...I don't know where the problem was but I was to impatient to figure it out.
    That's why I went to Honesty.com and used their image hosting process.
    By the way, as I understand it, Honesty.com only hosts images, mostly for people selling product on Ebay.
    Maybe thats why the service works!
    Just my 2¢

Rich

Rich

------------------
    Rush Run River Logging Co.
  6. Voice

Voice Member

Virginian, I checked the pictures on trainorders.com...and they are there, you have a great picture of a rectifier!!
    Now, as to the problem posting them...I checked the source code of the page, and what I noticed is that you didn't get the EXACT name in the code to display it. The pictures are on trainorder as .jpg, so you have to put it in the code to display it here, the same way.
    Also, this is case sensitive, so any capital letters that you use in the name, HAVE to be capitalized in the display code.

Just kinda hope this helps....

Dick
  7. Peirce

Peirce Member

Virginian,
    If you continue to have problems where you have your pictures (Trainorders), I invite you to try PhotoPoint. That is where my pictures are and I have had very good results with them.

I have no financial interest in PhotoPoint--just a satisfied customer.

------------------
    My photo albums:
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=76905&Auth=false

Peirce
    Southbury, CT

[This message has been edited by Peirce (edited 03-18-2001).]
  8. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Just went to edit on your pictures, Everything is okay now, trainorders is case , sensitive vgn no good, VGN okay
    Here is an N-scale photo from one of my early layouts.
    http://www.badger-creek.co.uk

[​IMG]

shamus

9. Peirce

Peirce Member

10. Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan Member

Good work Shamus.

Excellent pics VGN

Dave Hagan
    The Gauge
  11. Voice

Voice Member

Virginian, you think that _I_ didn't go through the same learning curve?? Glad to see your pictures finally up here!!

Dick
  12. Virginian

Virginian Member

Hi y'all!
    As I find good photos, I'll put them up from time to time. Please remember that I'm posting some from web site sources, so...non-commercial use only if you copy or print,ok? When I get back "home" later this year, I hope to take rolls and rolls of film myself. I WILL be spending at least a full day at the Va.Museum of Trans., so I hope to get some good shots. I come across all kinds of good photos in my searching for VGN and N&W pics... I'll pass along some from time to time. Speaking of ...I've got some shays...I'll post the web site (when I find it again).I think shamus and shay2 might be interested in 'Roaring Camp' in the Santa Cruz Mtns. south of San Francisco...watch for future posts.
    If I continue to have problems with trainorders.com (now that I have had such personal instruction and mentoring, I should be able to get them here on my own [​IMG] ), I'll try one of the other services mentioned.
    Y'all have a great day [​IMG]
    VGN [​IMG] [​IMG] (IT'S BRIGHT OUT THERE TODAY !!!)