Very Large Wall-E

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by irocer, Jan 20, 2009.

1. irocer

irocer New Member

This is a large version(6x) of a small papermodel WALL-E I built for my son's birthday party. It is largely built of foam board with paper tubes and cardstock mixed in. The papermodel (2x) is visible on top of the big Wall-E.

Attached Files:

2. DHL

DHL Member

what scale do you think it is?
  3. irocer

irocer New Member

I have no idea. I just scaled it up (6x)from the small model that had already been doubled. It is about my 5 year olds size-give or take. In the photo the tiles Wall-E is on are 12in square- he turned out pretty big. Looking at the movie it may be a bit larger than 1:1.
  4. 757rol

757rol New Member

I Love iT

Great work my friend, and a great Idea for a Party.

5. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

Absolutely awesome. If you could get it moving and have that song my Hello Dolly playing ...
  6. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

great work! 6 times? wow :)
  7. irocer

irocer New Member

Thanks guys! The funny thing about it is that it was built right in front of my son. I did most of the work on the kitchen bar. We kept telling him that I was building a Star wars play bunker for my other son. Once it got painted- it had to go to the out building. Build time was 2 weeks off and on.
  8. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

There's a yahoo channel for robotic builder yahoo club devoted exclusively to building actual WallE robots (much like R2D2 and Robby the Robot clubs). Great videos to study Wall E in depth.
  9. blackmonkey

blackmonkey New Member cute
  10. He looks at least as big as the cardboard theater display model I saw up close. Good job. I love the idea of scaling up card models to full size. My fantasy is an X-Wing Fighter. Or maybe the 2001 pod. Unfortunately, I don't have the space right now.