Venetian Galley

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by s33k3r, Feb 18, 2007.

1. s33k3r

s33k3r Member

I just saw on Tv this documentary "Venice and the Lost Galley", it's really amazing, they found a galley burried in the lagoon, and created a wall around it, and then extracted the water, so they could digg the galley out :-o :-o :-o
    I'm almost 100% sure that there is no card model for this type of galley, and probably there will never be, but if anyone finds one let me know , or if someone wants to design one, just check this website,
    The author as a scale model, made from wood, with plans for the hull.It's a bit diferent from the one i saw, unfortunatly i can't seem to find much info about that one, what i know is that the one they were escavating had two masts, and some details were diferent.
    Maybe in a distant future, after i learn to design card models i will make one.:roll: :roll:
  2. Gil

Gil Active Member

3. gippolot

gippolot Member

Thanks for the post s33k3r

I don't quite know why, but I've always found those type of ships fascinating. I guess it's because they look so sleek and streamlined. The fellow has even listed a bibliography which is great.